cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G6PlayUser
Paper Tape
Views: 2,310
Message 11 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

My G6 Play is performing very badly since the Pie update. It's unresponsive and very slow.

Often, i can't sweep the menu from the top to view notifcations and have to restart the phone.

It was a good phone before the update. This is very frustrating.

My four year old iphone 5s is much better and I may go back to it !!

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 2,300
Message 12 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

@G6PlayUser wrote:

My G6 Play is performing very badly since the Pie update. It's unresponsive and very slow.

Often, i can't sweep the menu from the top to view notifcations and have to restart the phone.

It was a good phone before the update. This is very frustrating.

My four year old iphone 5s is much better and I may go back to it !!

That has been a general feedback. It's weird that they haven't replied to this thread. This could be because they know the issue and expect an update to roll out soon.

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 2,293
Message 13 of 409

@Mooskleo wrote:

Latest update has ruined what was a fast and capable phone. Now feels like something 5 years older. Seems that update was poorly judged and untested before it was rolled out. Bad move.

The phone wasn't fast I'd say, it was adequate. But the update has definitely ruined a fluid interface/usage.

Mooskleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,284
Message 14 of 409

Well I say fast, certainly faster than the phone it replaced! ;-). 

shariq_jalal
What's DOS?
Views: 2,205
Message 15 of 409

Motorola hasn't optimised the Android P update for G6 very well. The phone is noticeably slower than Oreo. Why anyone would ever buy another phone from Motorola is beyond me.

HumanFactors
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,175
Message 16 of 409

I came here to sign up and say it's terrible as well.

I can barely use the phone sometimes. For instance, unlocking, opening google maps and selceting a location will stall at each of those major points, sometimes for 5 - 10 seconds.

Originally I had faith that a bug patch would be submitted. I'm really dissapointed becuase I've owned so many Moto Gs and reccomended them to so many friends and family.

Now I just am left with absolute trash.

Spike7878
What's DOS?
Views: 2,040
Message 17 of 409

Mine lags sadly too! I live in germany. But mostly on twitter and facebook! Don't know if I will buy a moto phone again if they fix it not. Was really happy with my phone before the update on pie!

mallen1972
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,983
Message 18 of 409

Same problem here. My G6 Play has become almost unusable since the update. The G6 play is our go-to business device and we are advising our users not to update. This was either an massive mistake by Lenovo/Moto or an Apple'esk attempt at introducing Planned Obsolescence into their product. Either way NOT a good move !

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 1,977
Message 19 of 409

@Spike7878 wrote:

Mine lags sadly too! I live in germany. But mostly on twitter and facebook! Don't know if I will buy a moto phone again if they fix it not. Was really happy with my phone before the update on pie!

I hear you, but Moto Support doesn't Smiley Sad 

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 1,972
Message 20 of 409

@mallen1972 wrote:

Same problem here. My G6 Play has become almost unusable since the update. The G6 play is our go-to business device and we are advising our users not to update. This was either an massive mistake by Lenovo/Moto or an Apple'esk attempt at introducing Planned Obsolescence into their product. Either way NOT a good move !

Most poeple in my organization were using Moto. They've swichted to One+. I think I'll be doing the same, soon. Just coz our investment in our device was lesser than other brands, doesn't mean we are not eligible for a good experience in terms of update/support.

Top Kudoed Authors