cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,250
Message 21 of 343

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Hi MotoSadist,

Thanks for posting, sorry to learn about the ongoing trouble you have been facing. Could you help us with a sample video showing what you notice in terms of Lag? Are you able to replciate this is Safe Mode. I personlly do not think this is an issue, but would certainly like to investigate this further. 

Request you all to lease update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? And share us a sample video showing what you see in Safe Mode? This will help us investigate further. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

mallen1972
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,235
Message 22 of 343

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

@

Mooskleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,228
Message 23 of 343

Amen to that. I've now got used to holding the phone for 5-10 seconds waiting for it to stop hanging so I can scroll or type anything. Wish I could roll back.

HumanFactors
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,224
Message 24 of 343

Yep, 100% can confirm the above two posts. I literally just anticipate 5-10 seconds of lag randomly.

I just sat down with my wife's Moto G6 Plus (which does not experience any such issues) to film the occurences.

I had the issue happen thrice: once after opening Firefox and selecting the search bar (took over 10 seconds for the keyboard to appear); once when opening Google Maps (entering address and also scrolling on the map); and once when opening apps. The issue is I don't really want to share that video; it's impossible to seperate personal data (Google Maps has my address in it; search history in Firefox).

However this is ignore a core problem: the issue is spuratic and unpredictable. Without any reliable triggers to the bug; it's virtually impossible to capture unless I literally sit there all day filming.

You shoud simply get your Engineer team or support staff to use the Moto G7 (XT1925-7) running on Pie 9 (Build Number PPS29.55-24) to use the device for a full 72 hours as their primary device. I can guarantee that they will experience the bugs, and likely grow insanely frustrated.

The saddest part of this whole experience is that this thread is likely the tip of the iceberg. Motorola probably have a lot of loyal influencer customers out there who have just grown sick of the issues

Just look at the amount of threads and articles out there (mostly replide to by same customer support agent not escalating tickets).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Moto-G6-hangs-and-lagging-after-upgrading-...

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6_play_receiving_android_pie_in_the_us-news-36631.php

@Mooskleo

For some reason the device got smoother but lags more every once in a while and at a greater degree! EU model 16GB/2GB.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Moto-G6-experiencing-significant-stutter-a...

I really don't want to say goodbye to Moto, after being a loyal customer since 2014 - but I think this might be the start of the end for me unless you can at least acknowledge the obvious issues.

mallen1972
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,212
Message 25 of 343

I'm happy to provide device information (not my IMEI number publically though) but don't have the time, inclination or spare devices to be able to film this problem. Neither am I prepared to be a Lenovo Beta tester or developer / tester (unless you pay me substantially more than my current employer).

My device is a Moto G6 play (XT1922-2)

Android Version 9 (build PPP29.55-25)

The lag issues are completely random, so far I have had :-

Missed calls as result of the phone not responding to pressing the answer button in time.

Significant delays in the screen keyboard popping up.

Keyboard lag when typing text, a 5-10 second delay fron typing characters to them appearing on the screen.

Serious lagging issues when scrolling web sites with lots of images or media (Chrome).

The google news feed is almost unusable sometimes because of the scroll lag, I end up opening articles i dont intend to because the device missinterprests a scroll for a click.

As I have said before, just pick one up and use it during your working day and you will get the idea.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,199
Message 26 of 343

@mallen1972 wrote:

I'm happy to provide device information (not my IMEI number publically though) but don't have the time, inclination or spare devices to be able to film this problem. Neither am I prepared to be a Lenovo Beta tester or developer / tester (unless you pay me substantially more than my current employer).

My device is a Moto G6 play (XT1922-2)

Android Version 9 (build PPP29.55-25)

The lag issues are completely random, so far I have had :-

Missed calls as result of the phone not responding to pressing the answer button in time.

Significant delays in the screen keyboard popping up.

Keyboard lag when typing text, a 5-10 second delay fron typing characters to them appearing on the screen.

Serious lagging issues when scrolling web sites with lots of images or media (Chrome).

The google news feed is almost unusable sometimes because of the scroll lag, I end up opening articles i dont intend to because the device missinterprests a scroll for a click.

As I have said before, just pick one up and use it during your working day and you will get the idea.

Thank you for providing additional information, we have reported the same to our Product team who is further investigating. Please do not post your IMEI here, insted update your profile with IMEI. This will further help us investigate.

Note: Request you all to update you profile with IMEI and device Model so we can pass along to our team for investigation. We will keep you posted once we have an update.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

LukeUSDreamer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,187
Message 27 of 343

Thank you very much for your help, Agent_Swaraj.

I have updated my profile with the requested information.

I hope this issue can be solved soon, it's very frustrating considering I bought a new phone because my previous one was unusable due to a software bug with VOIP calls (Google Nexus 6, made by Motorola again).

I think finding a solution quickly would reflect well on Motorola.

Thank you.

ddelvinhester
Paper Tape
Views: 1,184
Message 28 of 343

I have the Moto G6.
Model Number: XT1925-13

Android Version: 9

Current Version: PPS29.55-24

There are multiple examples of unresponsive touch or lag on the device post the Android Pie update.
While I haven't documented everything, I am sharing an example of the unresponsiveness immediately after restarting the phone.
The performance of the device has significantly dropped and everyday usage is becoming a pain.
Desperately waiting for Lenovo to release an update to fix the bugs or else will be forced to abandon Moto and Lenovo for good.

Moto G6 Lag video - https://vimeo.com/336133951

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 1,179
Message 29 of 343

@ddelvinhester wrote:

I have the Moto G6.
Model Number: XT1925-13

Android Version: 9

Current Version: PPS29.55-24

There are multiple examples of unresponsive touch or lag on the device post the Android Pie update.
While I haven't documented everything, I am sharing an example of the unresponsiveness immediately after restarting the phone.
The performance of the device has significantly dropped and everyday usage is becoming a pain.
Desperately waiting for Lenovo to release an update to fix the bugs or else will be forced to abandon Moto and Lenovo for good.

Moto G6 Lag video - https://vimeo.com/336133951

That link doesn't work UPDATE: it does don't worry Smiley Tongue

TJS2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,169
Message 30 of 343

I just bought a G6 but have'nt even started it up yet.  But before I do is the Update to Pie automatic or will I be notified about it and possibly decline to have it at this time which sounds like the right thing to do until the issues are fixed?  Also if it's automatic can I revert to the Oreo version at that time?

Thanks for your help and hope things are improved because for the price  it seems like a good option for an unlocked Android.

Top Kudoed Authors