cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,940
Message 41 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

@zimbaxxx wrote:

Dear Agent_Swaraj,

If you personally do not believe there is a problem how do you expect to fix it.

The phone lags and freezes when you are scrolling or opening a new app.

I have done all the restes and restarts and cache clearing.

I have gone back to using my old moto G1 which is working better than this stupid G6.

Before the update to pie it was perfect.

Is there no one else but you on the team ?

If I dont recieve a response I will make it my mission to leave bad reviews on moto phones everywhere I can.

Sorry to threaten but you messed up my phone. You did not even leave an option not to upgrade, the notification was popping up all the time making the phone unusable.

regards,

Georgios

Hi zimbaxxx,

Sorry about the ongoing trouble that you have been facing. We have seen multiple reports on this. Please be advised that our team is actively looking into this. But we need to see the lags you see so we can escalate this for further investigation and assistance.

I would like to request you all to share a small video showing what you see and update your profile with IMEI. If you need a reference—please look above posts. Please understand we need more and more information to narrow down and assist accordingly.

Also, if this is really affecting your daily use, please have your device sent for Repair/Replacement. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,922
Message 42 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

@sc000 wrote:

Motorola has been receiving our dire feedback on bugs due tp their bodged Pie update for weeks  and the silence has been deafening. All we hear from Motorola is nonsense about trying safe mode and resetting the phone which then requires you to spend hours reconfiguring the phone to no avail. 

I understand how frustrating this could be. Please be advised that we have not received enough reports showing what the issue is. However, our team is actively looking into this with the reports we have received. The process might take some time.

If this is really affecting your daily use—then the next logical option would be to have your device sent for Repair/Replacement. So the team there can diagnose your device and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Mooskleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,919
Message 43 of 409

@swaraj. It is affecting our daily use.. however why should we send in our phones when it is the software update at fault? How about you get a bunch of G6 plays and load them up with Pie, take them home and video the lag at your convenience. This issue is real but isn't going to get fixed by you recalling a bunch of hardware that isnt broken and inconvenience your users further.

Sorry guys but this sucks. Last time I buy Motorola if this isn't fixed soon.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,915
Message 44 of 409

@Mooskleo wrote:

@swaraj. It is affecting our daily use.. however why should we send in our phones when it is the software update at fault? How about you get a bunch of G6 plays and load them up with Pie, take them home and video the lag at your convenience. This issue is real but isn't going to get fixed by you recalling a bunch of hardware that isnt broken and inconvenience your users further.

Sorry guys but this sucks. Last time I buy Motorola if this isn't fixed soon.

I certainly, understand the frustration! We are just trying to help. Please allow us some time, I will keep you posted once I hear back from our team.

-Swaraj

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 1,877
Message 45 of 409

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@G6PlayUser wrote:

Hi,

I eventually decided to carry out a factory reset on my G6 Play. I made sure everything was backed up beforehand.

The phone is now working very well and the lag appears to have gone.

I hope it remains this way. 

Hello G6PlayUser,

Great, thanks!Smiley Happy I really appreciate your effort in resolving this. Hope its resolved, however, please observe for a week or two and keep us posted.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Sorry for being a buzzkill but that was Moto G6 Play he was talking about.

We, the G6 users, are still wondering what to do with our devices. Let me know if you want to buy one, I'm ready to sell my device at 2x the original price b'coz this would be an ideal testing device you're looking for. A lot of users would be happy with my sacrifice. 

koston-x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,816
Message 46 of 409

GMail crashes (not possible to fix it), problems with push notifications, bad peformance

Who has the same problems?

bschelst2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,784
Message 47 of 409

Same problems over here, moto g6. 

Yes, cache was cleared and reinstalled. The problems still exist since the pie upgrade. 

Taking 2-3 pictures, and the device hangs for 10 seconds. 

Doing other actions, the device hangs again for 10 seconds. 

It's incredible to see that everyone is complaining, but Lenovo does not see anything... 

koston-x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,778
Message 48 of 409

Sorry Swaraj, is that really your offer? Do you really think it's a customer-friendly solution to send the device for repair / replacement and wait a few weeks to get it back? Just fix the problems and if possible offer downgrade to Android 8 until you have fixed the problems.

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 1,775
Message 49 of 409

I suggest you leave a support request with Motorola. You are wasting your time looking for resolution here.

Powolniak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,741
Message 50 of 409

Today found possible cause and workaround for my slowed down Pie on G6:
1. Go to Moto app
2. Functions tab -> Moto Display section
3. Disable Attentive Display

Also disabled some other features but I believe Attentive Display is cause of the problem.

Please check if it helps in yours G6's.

Top Kudoed Authors