cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 1,459
Message 61 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

I've tried this & my problems seem to have temporarily resolved.
I went through the installed app list including system apps & disabled whatever I could.
I'll keep this thread posted. 

@Pogmog wrote:

I tried switching off the Moto settings listed above as well as trying a launcher (Evie). The setting change seemed to work, but after a while all the problems were back. The launcher didn't seem to make any different either and the problems were continually popping up as before.

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 1,452
Message 62 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

@sc000 wrote:

I've had a minor breakthrough!

I discovered the bug causing several seconds delay for the screen icons to appear after restarting the phone can be fixed by disabling the option One Button Nav under Features in the Moto App. The G6 appears to have an incompatibility between the Pie upgrade and the Moto App. This feature worked fine before the Pie update. I uninstalled / reinstalled the Moto App and the bug is present if this feature is enabled.

My one button nav is active and the problem is resolved(hopefully in the long run). Just changed my launcher to Evie & disabled all unwanted apps from the settings>app list. 

LukeUSDreamer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,401
Message 63 of 409

As another user said, the issues seemed to be gone after I installed a launcher (Evie), but after a while all the problems were back.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,306
Message 64 of 409

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience, our team is actively working on this. We request you all to update your profile with device IMEI and share us the Bug Report. The more reports we have will help us investigate this further.

Here is how to capture the Bug Report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
mallen1972
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,255
Message 65 of 409

How about you get your developers to upload their own bug reports HAVING FIRST PICKED UP A MOTO G6 PLAY AND ACTUALLY TRY TO USE IT ALL DAY AS THEIR PERSONAL PHONE. I understand that you need information to be able to make provide a solution but BELIEVE ME and I think everyone in this thread would agree..... just try to use the phone yourself and you WILL see that its just not man enough for the new Android OS, I promise you will quite quickly see the problems.

I for one certainly don't have the time or inclination to stop what I'm doing mid way through typing a text message or whatsapp message, having already waited for 5 seconds for the screen to catch up and display what I have just typed, to then re-read your insructions on generating a bug report and then wait a further 3-4 minutes for a bug report to be produced. 

The Moto G6 Play just doesnt have the power to run Android 9 OS, please, please, please provide us with a downgrade to Android 8. Im sure everyone here would happily forgo the bells and whistles of a new operating system in favour of a phone that doesn't drive you nuts every time you want to actually use it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,223
Message 66 of 409

@mallen1972 wrote:

How about you get your developers to upload their own bug reports HAVING FIRST PICKED UP A MOTO G6 PLAY AND ACTUALLY TRY TO USE IT ALL DAY AS THEIR PERSONAL PHONE. I understand that you need information to be able to make provide a solution but BELIEVE ME and I think everyone in this thread would agree..... just try to use the phone yourself and you WILL see that its just not man enough for the new Android OS, I promise you will quite quickly see the problems.

I for one certainly don't have the time or inclination to stop what I'm doing mid way through typing a text message or whatsapp message, having already waited for 5 seconds for the screen to catch up and display what I have just typed, to then re-read your insructions on generating a bug report and then wait a further 3-4 minutes for a bug report to be produced. 

The Moto G6 Play just doesnt have the power to run Android 9 OS, please, please, please provide us with a downgrade to Android 8. Im sure everyone here would happily forgo the bells and whistles of a new operating system in favour of a phone that doesn't drive you nuts every time you want to actually use it.

I certainly understand and agree that you all are having issue with the device, but honestly, as per our observation, we weren't able to find any lags and which is why —have been requesting you all from past few weeks to share us the Bug Report so we can quickly have these shared with our engineers team who can further investigate to find the root cause. 

Please make sure to update your profile with IMEI number as this will help us investigate further. If you need help on updating your profile, please go through the above threads.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
bschelst2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,210
Message 67 of 409

seriously, EVERYBODY has issues with this upgrade...with exception of Lenovo/motorola!?

Mooskleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,204
Message 68 of 409

Lol appears that way! :-)

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 1,182
Message 69 of 409

This forum is a waste of time - file a support request with Lenovo / Motorola

EvilMav
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,178
Message 70 of 409

Same for me: G6 is repeatedly sluggish during scrolling and app switching, freezes frequently for 2-4 seconds when typing and I have apps crashing regulary (especially chrome). All since thr Pie update.

I consider the phone barely usable right now - even looking up weather is a test of patience. It can't be lenovo just lets it go like this - fix or push a rollback update! Will not buy Motorola again.

Top Kudoed Authors