cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkady-w
Punch Card
Views: 1,016
Message 81 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Right after updating to Pie I experienced all issues with G6 mentioned in this thread. With Oreo it was more than fine to use this phone but after going to Pie it became a nightmare! Really!

Someone in this thread suggested that the issue with this Pie update for G6 is caused by Moto Apps. I followed the suggestion and disabled all Moto Apps (it "vanished" from Apps but still is there in Settings). I also uninstalled all updates for them. I kept the setting to use fingerprint sensor as one key for navigation and it is still working despite disabled Moto Apps. Lagging is now less noticable although the performance is still not as good as with Oreo.

Just to add: Pie on Moto X4 works just fine after update. No issues there. Security patch is from March, on G6 it's February.

Well, disabling Moto Apps seems to be a temporary workaround but Motorola team definitely did not do their homework with G6 update. For my region it appeared in May so they had plenty of time for testing. Shame...

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 1,012
Message 82 of 409

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Guys!
I solved this issue [by buying a new phone(1+7)]
I hope this gets resolved and Moto does a through testing before launching any further updates. 
It was a good run Smiley Happy #NoMoreMoto

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 995
Message 83 of 409

Hitting Motrola's bottom line by switching to another firm is hopefully a sure way of pursuading Motorola to improve their shoddy software engineering

Mooskleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 966
Message 84 of 409

Those who take the time to comment here are a minority. For every one of us there will be hundreds of other users who are unhappy with the phone post update and switch without posting about it. No doubt Motorola will be hit hard by this. I'm just about to change my wife's and Motorola was always our first choice. No longer...
Arkady-w
Punch Card
Views: 959
Message 85 of 409

Forums lenovo com and no guys from Lenovo-Motorola here so it looks like they don't care. Although this problem seems to affect quite a lot of people. Weird customer service & care...

I was using my G6 when it switched to night mode (you know - those warm colors easier to look at) and at this moment there was a huge lag - some 4-5 seconds with almost no response. So, is it Moto App???

Hopetimist
Paper Tape
Views: 892
Message 86 of 409

Hi all,

My hope/optimism was misplaced, as my G6 still struggles, lags, and makes me want to throw it against a wall thanks to the Pie update. Agent_Swaraj seems to have gone quiet.

Can anyone post a list of the apps we need to disable to get the temporary improvement in performance? When I search for "Moto" in apps it comes up with quite a few different ones!

Hopetimist

Arkady-w
Punch Card
Views: 846
Message 87 of 409

I went to: Settings - Apps & notifications - Show all apps, and there I disabled the following apps: Moto, Moto Help. I don't know the exact English names for these options and apps as I have my native language set. I also uninstalled all possible updates for all Motorola apps. I think it can be done only in Play Store by selecting Uninstall in Moto app - they will not be uninstalled completely but all updates will be uninstalled instead (now there are updates for Moto Camera 2, Display and Help).

I don't know if it helps - it is still not as smooth as it was with Oreo.

Pogmog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 789
Message 88 of 409

Tl;dr: touch input stopped working, phone was still operating, still not receiving touch input 8+ hours later, resetting phone fixed issue.

I'm not sure if this is related, but last night my whole touchscreen lost functionality. It was working fine before I placed it on charge. Went to put on a podcast and I couldn't unlock the screen because it wouldn't register any touch input.

At first I though it was just regular phone lag that was lasting longer than normal. However, it didnt regain functionality and the phone itself wasn't hanging (clock was still ticking, and double clicking the lock button turned the camera on).

Left it overnight but it was still not taking touch input in the morning. I thought it was a hardware issue, but after getting to work I restarted the phone and it began working once again.

zimbaxxx
Punch Card
Views: 776
Message 89 of 409

I disabled the moto apps and google discover, that seemed to help, the lags seem to be less frequent, but still there. Dont put any hope in the "team" doing anything. Agent S must be a secret agent. Conclusion, next time buy another brand for the same price or a bit more. The saying goes buy cheap end up with rubbish. for this time just wait and hope for the next update and hopefully things will get better.
Jokke86
Paper Tape
Views: 759
Message 90 of 409

Seriously, is there any update/downgrade yet?? I'm about this close to buy another phone (other brand!!) and throw my Moto G6 in the trash!

Very frustrating!!

Top Kudoed Authors