Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_B_01
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 No Record Video button

I just got a Moto G6 last week and a new problem crops up daily.

Today's issue is that I cannot take video because there is no red "record" button that comes up on my screen after I tap the video icon in the camera mode.  I can take still pictures, but no record button displays itself whatstoever.  I have searched online and cannot seem to find any reference to this issue.

Also, I cannot find my photos once they have been taken.  I cannot see where they are being stored at all.  Have looked in cloud and on phone storage and none to be found. Have an SD card too - can't find there either.

And, like many others I have read, the sound volume is really lacking on this phone.....

Anyway, if someone could help me with this record button issue, at least that would be one of my problems solved.

Thanks for any help,

M

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 369
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 No Record Video button

Hi M_B_01,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to hear. Let me try to help. Just to narrow down—may I know from when are you facing this issue? Let us try a few steps below:

• Please remove SD card from your device,
  • Perform Clear Cache/Data on the camera app,
  • Uninstall any update on the Camera app,
  • Reboot the device and observe. Make sure to update all the apps on the Play Store.
  • We can also test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue?

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
M_B_01
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 No Record Video button

Thank you for your help.

I did as you suggested and now I have the ability to record video.  In addition to your suggestions, it appears that I needed to have SD card put back in place (after removing it at first) and Google back up my photos to the cloud for the app to work.  I don't like saving things to the cloud, so this is not a feature I am thrilled about if it is a requirement for the camera and video to work properly.

Again, thanks.

M

Top Kudoed Authors