Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArturoVGmz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 232
Message 1 of 10

Moto G6 PLUS Portrait mode issue

Hi! I just got my Moto G6 Plus and I was testing the camera, normal mode was working just fine and I decided to try the portrait mode and when I selected the mode the screen went black and it looked like if it was trying to go into portrait mode but it couldn't, after a few seconds the camera app closed, I'm not sure qhw is this happening, any idea? Thank you!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 164
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G6 PLUS Portrait mode issue

Hi, ArturoVGmz!

Welcome to Motorola Community. Allow us to help. Are you experiencing this to other Photo Modes on your Camera app as well? Let's clear the cache and data of your Camera app by going to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info > Camera > Storage. From there, there is an option for you to clear the data of the app. Don't worry, you will not lose any personal data after performing this. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

ArturoVGmz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 160
Message 3 of 10

Hello! I've done that already, and this only happens when I try to go into Portrait mode and Cutout mode, could it be something related to the second camera?

When I go into either mode camera does what it shows on the attached picture and then the screen goes completely black it does that like 3 times and after that the camera closes.

Thank you!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 150
Message 4 of 10

I appreciate the screenshot, ArturoVGmz! Can you please try to unmount and reinsert your SD card? Also, please ensure that your Camera app and your software is up to date. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

ArturoVGmz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 145
Message 5 of 10

Hi! I tried doing the SD card procedure and still shows the same issue, I checked the camera software and it doesn't show any updates available, last update was on December 5th. Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance! (:

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 119
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for trying that, ArturoVGmz! Let's boot your device in Safe Mode to isolate if a third-party app is causing this. While in this mode, your third-party apps will be temporarily disabled.

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Kindly keep us posted.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

ArturoVGmz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 110
Message 7 of 10

Hello! I just tried doing that and I still have the same issue with the camera :/ 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 79
Message 8 of 10

Hi ArturoVGmz,

Thank you for trying all those steps. Our next step now is to perform a factory reset on your device. Please take note that this step will delete all of your files, so make sure to do a back up first. Kindly remove your Google account as well before doing the reset to avoid activating the Google Protection Lock feature. To reset your device, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset.

Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option.

3. Touch Factory Data Reset.

4. Touch Reset Phone

Tip: After power-up, we recommend you do NOT enter a Gmail account. This will ensure applications are not automatically downloaded. (Note: You will be able to enter your Gmail account later and reinstall your applications).

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

ArturoVGmz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 63
Message 9 of 10

Hello! I tried that and it didn't worked ): I just received today an update for the camera app and still shows the same issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 45
Message 10 of 10

Hello there, ArturoVGmz!

I truly appreciate your cooperation in trying all those steps. Since all possible troubleshooting steps have been done and the same concern still persists, we recommend having the device be serviced. You can check this link to check the nearest Service Centers in your location. Let me know if you have other questions. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors