Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crsnplusplus
Paper Tape
Views: 700
Message 41 of 60

Re: Moto G6 Play - No data after pie update

I have the same problem. I bought my Moto G6 Play some months ago and it worked fine with my old SIM card from another country. When the phone told me it was available a new version, I just let it update to Android 9.

Recently, after the update, I decided to switch to T-Mobile (I live in the Netherlands), but with the new SIM from T-MobileNL the data connection on my Moto G6 Play does not work.

After following every kind of reset procedure known to mankind without success (ok, I am exaggerating but I did a factory restore, deleted and restored the APNs and a network reset), I started doing some tests:

Moto G6 Play works fine with the other SIM.

T-MobileNL SIM works fine with: Huawei P10 Smart, Huawei P Smart 2019 and with another unbranded phone from Vodafone.

I tried to contact Motorola Client Service here in the Netherlands, telling them that I am not the only one having this problem, and they  told me that they have no other records of that problem.

I asked if there is an update (the version I am currently running is: PPPS29.55-25-2, Security Patch Level: February 1, 2019) and they did not replied.

Also if I tried to explain that the T-MobileNL SIM works fine with other phones, they insist that the problem is with the SIM.

T-MobileNL obviously told me that the problem must be with the phone.

Other experiences? Smiley Happy

Cman3
Paper Tape
Views: 678
Message 42 of 60

All I know is that somewhere during the 1st week of May I was notified of a patch/update which I downloaded and installed and after that the problem was gone, thankfully. But Motorola has certainly continued to deny that the problem existed and/or that a solution had been found which wasn't the case. My current version of Android 9 is PPP29.55-35 Good luck.

And again, I learned the hard way: AVOID UPDATING IN THE FIRST 3-6 MONTHS OF A NEW MAJOR RELEASE

SidMotoG6
What's DOS?
Views: 522
Message 43 of 60

Experienced this today morning on a Moto G6 with carrier Sprint, after struggling a lot came across this thread. Tried everything mentioned here without any success.

Contacted Carrier - Chat customer service did the basic troubleshooting which did not resolve the issue.

Contacted Moto Chat - redirected me to call technical support level 2, after basic troubleshooting asked me to reset phone.

Knowing the pain around reset phone, thought to give it one more try and found a resolution which I am sharing below. Might not work for everyone but doesn't hurt to give it a try.

1. Connect to a WiFi network.
  2. Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Carrier Settings
  3. Here you will find 2 options Update PRL and Update device config. Run the Update device config first and wait for the confirmation message then run the Update PRL.

This resolved my struggle and I got the Data back (see the LTE Smiley Happy

P.S. this may be the place where some users get the option of update APN, I don't see it anywhere in this US version of Moto G6 phones. Also, I have no idea what the Update PRL or update device config does but it resolved my issue.

Have fun and best of luck in resolving your issue Smiley Happy

Steeeve
Blue Screen Again
Views: 511
Message 44 of 60

Updated yesterday, July 17, 2019, and had the same no mobile data issue.   Followed the update instructions as above to update device config first then update PRL and it worked !  Thank you!

StonedScallywag
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 45 of 60

Where do you update a plr? Have same trouble since update with no data. I'm on US G6. Tried Apn stuff with carrier net10. They said it was to be update after level 2support.

Also navigation sucks donkeyballs
StonedScallywag
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 46 of 60

Moto G6 experiencing same problems after update. cant connect to data. Tried changing APN and stillnothing 

BinkleyBeardman
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 47 of 60

Is anybody else in the United States also having this problem?since the pie update I have also lost access to my mobile data and none of the solutions posted in this thread thus far seem to have helped. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 394
Message 48 of 60

Hello Everyone,

Appreciate all your post. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 49 of 60

I have a moto g6 with no data after pie update.  I can go to network & internet--> mobile network-->advanced-->access pointnames.

there are no other choices and the three dots menu has no options except reset to default.  No edit config, no update PRL.

The access pointnames lists one entry, AT&T nextgenphone.

How do I get this to normal so I can change the APN settings to use my MVNO, Red Pocket?

Thanks,

John

building synbio lab gear
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 254
Message 50 of 60

@cibolo wrote:

I have a moto g6 with no data after pie update.  I can go to network & internet--> mobile network-->advanced-->access pointnames.

there are no other choices and the three dots menu has no options except reset to default.  No edit config, no update PRL.

The access pointnames lists one entry, AT&T nextgenphone.

How do I get this to normal so I can change the APN settings to use my MVNO, Red Pocket?

Thanks,

John

This is usually down to corruption in the Default APN List; normally, you can't see this as these APNs are hidden until a SIM that uses them is inserted.

To resolve this issue:

1. Connect to Wi-Fi and search Google Play for an app called 'APN Backup & Restore', then download and install it

2. Run 'APN Backup & Restore', select 'Delete APNs', then select 'Yes' at the warning, then 'Close' on the "Delete Succeeded" message

3. Press the 'Back' key until you return to your home screen, then turn off your WiFi connection, and restart your handset.

You should now be able to enter your internet settings manually Smiley Happy

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors