Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 51 of 60

Re: Moto G6 Play - No data after pie update

Has APN backup & restore changed names or moved to a different repo such as F-droid?  I don't find it on google play.

John

building synbio lab gear
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 272
Message 52 of 60

@cibolo wrote:

Has APN backup & restore changed names or moved to a different repo such as F-droid?  I don't find it on google play.

John

There are several APN apps on Playstore so try a couple like this one,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thenatureweb.apnsettings&hl=en_GB

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 240
Message 53 of 60

Just checking back on this. We asked for a bug report previously so we can raise this. Let us know if you can provide me and we'll rediscuss this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 54 of 60

I'll try looking up how to do a bug report via wifi connection.

John

building synbio lab gear
cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 55 of 60

I've not found how to generate a bug report in the settings of the phone, so I will describe what happens here:

Since android 9.0 update, I had been using mobile data very little and two weeks ago tried it and it failed.  Calling my MVNO, (red pocket mobile), they said try resetting, and then edit settings but my settings did not match their android 8.0 instructions, and were not editable, and they said call the hardware maker.   Red pocket support  also suggested resetting and then taking my SIM card to an android 8.0 GSM phone and editing the MVNO details according to their template, then put SIM card back in the moto g6 with android 9.0...but my old moto x won't work for that -- it's locked to sprint.

building synbio lab gear
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 181
Message 56 of 60

Hi cibolo,

You need to enable the developer options first so we can generate a bug report. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > System > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take a bug report.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 57 of 60

build number says i'm already a developer, (I did that a while back trying things ... ) but I do not see
Settings -> Developer options.
on 9.0 as I have it I see:
settings-->system-->advanced-->devel option

So, just before taking this bug report, I navigate to settings-->network and internet-->mobile network-->advanced--> apns-->
and I have att netgenphone and the stack of three dots menu says reset to default only, no adding so cI cannot add my MVNO information to use data.
bug report in progress. thanks, John Griessen
building synbio lab gear
cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 58 of 60

remove**

is for bug report taken 15:40 CDT 2019-9-9

Edited: for privacy - Rich

building synbio lab gear
cibolo
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 59 of 60

I am updating android with today's version.  Will report back if that allows edting or adding MVNO information.  Is it possible to do a swap of my moto G6 hardware with one that is set up correctly?  I heard you do that.

building synbio lab gear
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 85
Message 60 of 60

Hi,

Thanks for the logs. We will provide that to the team. I will let you know if we need more details/ updates. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors