Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sroutier
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 Play gets new firmware updates almost everyday?!

Hello,

I have a new Moto G6 Play for the last month and almost every day it has a new firmware update? I have never seen this before, it's nuts.

Also, some of those updates have reset my phone and the settings which is a huge pain.

The exact model is Moto G6 Play (xt1922-5)

Can someone explain this?

And more importantly is there a way to make this update process a little more normal like maybe once a month?

Lastly, the message the warn about these new updates is in some foreign (to me) language (Portuguese, I think) even though I picked English during the initial setup. Is there a way to switch the language displayed for these updates?

Thank a bunch.

/S

Barons40
Token Ring
Views: 74
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Play gets new firmware updates almost everyday?!

This is not normal 😂🤨
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 62
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Play gets new firmware updates almost everyday?!

@sroutier wrote:

Hello,

I have a new Moto G6 Play for the last month and almost every day it has a new firmware update? I have never seen this before, it's nuts.

Also, some of those updates have reset my phone and the settings which is a huge pain.

The exact model is Moto G6 Play (xt1922-5)

Can someone explain this?

And more importantly is there a way to make this update process a little more normal like maybe once a month?

Lastly, the message the warn about these new updates is in some foreign (to me) language (Portuguese, I think) even though I picked English during the initial setup. Is there a way to switch the language displayed for these updates?

Thank a bunch.

/S

Hi sroutier,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause. We request you to share us the more information on the same so that we could look into it.

1. Please share us the update build number with us.

2. Are you able to update the same or do you get any error?

3. Tap on Settings>>Apps & notifications>>App info>>3 vertical dots>>(Show System>>Scroll down) Motorola Update Services>>Storage>>Clear Cache.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors