Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tesscod
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 1 of 2

Moto G6 Play issues with camera after security update

I updated to Pie recently with no issues.  Within the past couple of weeks I got a security update notice and contrary to my usual avoidance of such things I downloaded the update resulting in SD card corruption and a few other wonky things like not being able to access downloaded files. I used another SD card and moved some apps to that. Even though there is a working SD card I am getting the message "SD card missing, insert device again". I booted into safe mode and that seemed to now let me see storage details. All is well except when I try to take a picture or screenshot I get the message "Your internal storage is running out of space. Delete some images or other files". I deleted the apps caches and performed a cache partition wipe.  Internal shared storage is 10.86 GB used of 16.00 GB. I can use the camera on Snapchat without issue. I have Google photos and do not have that many pictures compared to the majority of people. I fear I will have to do a factory reset. I wish I had never installed that update. Aside from a factory reset is there any way to uninstall the camera and perhaps use a different camera app? Or will I have to do a factory reset? Or is there some other fix?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 133
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G6 Play issues with camera after security update

@tesscod wrote:

I updated to Pie recently with no issues.  Within the past couple of weeks I got a security update notice and contrary to my usual avoidance of such things I downloaded the update resulting in SD card corruption and a few other wonky things like not being able to access downloaded files. I used another SD card and moved some apps to that. Even though there is a working SD card I am getting the message "SD card missing, insert device again". I booted into safe mode and that seemed to now let me see storage details. All is well except when I try to take a picture or screenshot I get the message "Your internal storage is running out of space. Delete some images or other files". I deleted the apps caches and performed a cache partition wipe.  Internal shared storage is 10.86 GB used of 16.00 GB. I can use the camera on Snapchat without issue. I have Google photos and do not have that many pictures compared to the majority of people. I fear I will have to do a factory reset. I wish I had never installed that update. Aside from a factory reset is there any way to uninstall the camera and perhaps use a different camera app? Or will I have to do a factory reset? Or is there some other fix?

Hi tesscod,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for letting us know! Can you check with a different SD card and see if it's the same? Also, I would suggest you format your SD card > remove it from the device clean the SD card > reinsert the SD card. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors