Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garoves
Paper Tape
Views: 2,288
Message 1 of 24

Moto G6 Play not updating

Hi, I've had a Moto G6 Play for about a month. It's now 8/19/18 and my phone has never updated. The security patch level is 4/1/18, but I know they come out every month, and the Android version is 8.0.0. When I go into Settings to check for updates, it says it is up to date, though, but that can't be true. I use a Verizon discount carrier. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,211
Message 2 of 24

Re: Moto G6 Play not updating

@Garoves wrote:

Hi, I've had a Moto G6 Play for about a month. It's now 8/19/18 and my phone has never updated. The security patch level is 4/1/18, but I know they come out every month, and the Android version is 8.0.0. When I go into Settings to check for updates, it says it is up to date, though, but that can't be true. I use a Verizon discount carrier. 

Hello Garoves,

Thank you for reaching us, let me look into this for you. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Garoves
Paper Tape
Views: 2,193
Message 3 of 24

Thanks, Swaraj. I've updated my profile with the IMEI and carrier. 

MaddMann
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,133
Message 4 of 24

It's August 22nd and I am also still on the April security patch. I've seen several other variants that are at least on June. Any help would be appreciated. 

Garoves
Paper Tape
Views: 2,124
Message 5 of 24

Also, my phone's version of Oreo is 8.0.0. If I'm not mistaken, the current version is 8.0.1 or 8.1.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,099
Message 6 of 24

@MaddMann wrote:

It's August 22nd and I am also still on the April security patch. I've seen several other variants that are at least on June. Any help would be appreciated. 

@Garoves  

Thank you for updating your profile, we will have someone take a look at your IMEI. Will keep you posted once I have an update.

@MaddMann

Thank you for writing to us, please update your profile with the IMEI, above are the steps. Let us know once done, we will have someone take a quick look at these and update you.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,077
Message 7 of 24

@Garoves  & @MaddMann

Update: Please be advised that currently, you are on the correct build. The next update isn't fully deployed yet, we will keep you posted once we have more information on this or you should receive a notification.

Regards, 

Swaraj

Moto Support

MaddMann
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,066
Message 8 of 24

Thanks for the response. I hope we hear something soon.
Garoves
Paper Tape
Views: 2,065
Message 9 of 24

Thanks for the info, Swaraj. It is a little confusing because my wife's Moto X4 is on Oreo 8.1.0 and has a June 1 patch. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,006
Message 10 of 24

@Garoves wrote:

Thanks for the info, Swaraj. It is a little confusing because my wife's Moto X4 is on Oreo 8.1.0 and has a June 1 patch. 

I certainly understand, but both are different models and might take some time.

Thanks,
Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors