cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 933
Message 91 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

Dear Tom,

Thank you for providing an actual response!

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@Hazel_D

When we know there is a specific issue causing failed headset audio and know it's a hardware issue we recommend exchanging your phone or getting it fixed/repaired.

If a Moto agent had simply said "our engineers have identified that this is caused by a specific hardware defect which affects some devices" a couple months ago, much of the current frustration would have been avoided.

Now, how can I go about replacing my phone with one guaranteed to not have this defect?

CSBee
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 92 of 145

I've found a solution that helps fix the problem, though it's still not perfect.

In the Dolby Audio app, I find a definite improvement if I swipe off of the default (?) "Music" setting and change it to Movie or Game.  The best I've found is actually is on Custom (1 or 2, doesn't matter obviously) - playing with the settings makes it tolerable, and right now I'm listening with:

Surround Virtualizer and Dialogue Enhancer ON,

Intelligent Equalizer on OPEN,

all levels (bass to treble) set to max (3+dB),

and Volume Leveler ON.

It's still glitchy when a song's volume starts to cut out, like on silent parts and fade outs, and like I say it's not perfect, but DEFINITELY better than the Music setting.  

Better than nothing til we wait for the motogods to bless us with an update.

realmoflawton
Paper Tape
Views: 799
Message 93 of 145

CSBee, I have had similar improvement with the custom Dolby Audio settings (been using it for about three days). The only difference with my custom settings is that I've turned both the Dialogue Enhancer and the Volume Leveler to OFF. And my Graphic EQ is probably around 5dB. Setting the Intelligent EQ to Open seemed to help a lot. On the presets, the "Voice" option seemed to work best for me, but the custom settings are better all around. I still get spontaneous sound fading and drop outs during quiet portions of songs or listening to low verbal recordings.

Once again, a strong indication that this is a SOFTWARE issue!

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 790
Message 94 of 145

As I stated erliear its something wrong with the Dolby Audio app, as it can go in to others apps and change the default EQ to the Dolby one. Just Try for example Google Music and deactivate Dolby audio app before you start it, then close all apps and activate Dolby audio you will se how it changes the soundsettings(EQ) in Google music. I use a diffrent Player now that seems to work alongside Dolby audio, Blackplayer and its great with a lot of soundsettings. Best reegards Pierre Gothenburg Sweden 

realmoflawton
Paper Tape
Views: 761
Message 95 of 145

I did a Force Stop and disabled the Dolby Audio app and am still getting the same drop outs, especially when watching videos with people talking. I'm not convinced the Dolby Audio app is the source of the problem. I think the Dolby equalizer is merely masking the underlying problem. Some settings slightly improve sound quality, but the problem remains.

jheartney
Fanfold Paper
Views: 754
Message 96 of 145

I think Dolby Equalizer is really a separate problem from the dropouts, which I've heard consistently an multiple apps with and without the equalizer being turned on. IMHO I get the best sound by just turning Dolby Equalizer off entirely (though I'm a bit biased because I'm used to the sound from my previous Moto G3 which didn't have the equalizer).

I'll also strongly concur with other posters that the dropout problem is almost certainly software-based, and thus replacing our phones would be futile. Just this evening I retested the Audio Router workaround; yes, it still fixes the problem. Lenova, please quit stalling and get someone who knows what they're doing to look at the problem; it's not like it's difficult to reproduce. 

Krmeng
What's DOS?
Views: 714
Message 97 of 145

I have been experiencing the same results, even after replacing the phone.
Zedniac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 580
Message 98 of 145

When can we expect an update on this issue? Again, it is clearly NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE as shown both by logic and the fact that people who have replaced their device still experience the issue. I intend to keep bugging Lenovo until this issue is resolved or I receive a refund or equivalent model of phone.

mxa95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 528
Message 99 of 145

@Agent_Swaraj

@MotorolaTom

A few questions about if we send our device in for replacement due to the sound inappropriately gating on and off at lower volumes as discussed in this thread:

1. Will we receive the same device with the same issue?  Several people have reported that they have replaced the phone and they still have the same problem in the replacement device.  This would obviously be very frustrating and a waste of everyone's time.

2. Or will we receive a different model phone?  If so, which phone would be the replacement?

3. How long will the process take?  Or in other words, how long will I be without my current phone before I receive a replacement?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

jheartney
Fanfold Paper
Views: 516
Message 100 of 145

I'm not from Moto, but I'm pretty sure here are the answers to your questions.

1. Yes
2. No, you'll get the same model
3. Longer than zero days, which is more time than it's worth to wait for a non-solution

Top Kudoed Authors