cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,534
Message 21 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

@Zedniac wrote:

I can confirm that this bug is present on my device as well. I don't want to be pedantic, but since this may help Lenovo troubleshoot, I want to point out that (on my device) the problem is not with high or low frequencies, but high or low volume. Any audio that plays continuously with no silent or quiet parts plays fine, but any audio at a low volume, even if just for a split second, will cut out as if the headphone jack is turning off to save power or something. Doesn't matter whether Dolby Audio is enabled or disabled. This is not a hardware problem, it has only to do with the volume of the audio.

https://youtu.be/XFkzRNyygfk Here's an example of a song that sounds horrible on the Moto g6 Play. Note the low volume. Sound cuts in and out. Since the volume level of the video is low overall, even the loud part of the song at 1:00 is unlistenable.

https://youtu.be/ALZHF5UqnU4 Here's a song that sounds mostly okay on the g6 Play. Note that the volume is pretty loud and that the sound of the song is more or less continuous with very few quiet or silent moments.

This is a device breaking bug to me. I love this device so far apart from this one thing, and if it persists I'll have to return it. I would be happy to upload a video demonstrating this bug through speakers if it would help Lenovo fix this bug. I think it's clear at this point that it is an issue with the phone if people are complaining of it before it is even available from Moto in the US.

EDIT: After a little more testing, the bug is only present when the device volume is set to less than half. Setting the volume high seems to work fine. This strengthens my suspicion that this is some kind of power saving measure. Unfortunately blasting my eardrums isn't a solution. Again, I will post a video of the bug if that would help.

Hello Zedniac,

We got a word from our product team. We are curious if you have Dolby Atmos enabled. If it's not, please enable it and test. If it's enabled, please disable it and test. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Zedniac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,514
Message 22 of 145

Hello Zedniac,

We got a word from our product team. We are curious if you have Dolby Atmos enabled. If it's not, please enable it and test. If it's enabled, please disable it and test. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

The problem is present with Dolby Atmos enabled or disabled. It is a little less pronounced with Atmos on, but I think that's just because Atmos increases audio levels.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,484
Message 23 of 145

@Zedniac wrote:

Hello Zedniac,

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

The problem is present with Dolby Atmos enabled or disabled. It is a little less pronounced with Atmos on, but I think that's just because Atmos increases audio levels.

Thank you for reverting back. Our product team is still testing this. Just to confirm, this only happens when you are using wired headsets and regardless of the wired headset you use, correct?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Zedniac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,466
Message 24 of 145

Yes, that is correct. I have tested with multiple Bluetooth audio devices and none of them exhibited the issue.

Backseat_Bingo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,427
Message 25 of 145

Hello,

I can confirm that this issue exists on my phone as well. I just received it today under Amazon's new Prime deal. Same issue work wired headphones and low volume. 

Please keep us posted

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,351
Message 26 of 145

I am still waiting for an update from our product team. I will keep you all posted as soon as I get some feedback from them. In the meantime, I know this may be a lot of work but could you try doing a factory data reset without automatic restore? Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/126881/p/30,6720,10384

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Realalice
Paper Tape
Views: 1,281
Message 27 of 145

I can confirm that I also have the issue of poor audio quality when using wired earbuds at a low volume. Music cuts in and out, in on the downbeats and out on the off beats. This is also the case when watching TV shows or YouTube; dialogue is audible, depending on the volume and clarity of the speech, but the background music cuts in and out. In other cases where the speech has varying intonations, the voices actually cut in and out, making it a very unpleasant listening experience. 

Echoing what many other users have said on this forum, it is too much work to factory reset or to replace when we have multiple reports that it may be a systemic defect. I love the phone so far, but this defect is a deal breaker for me. If I return it I won't be purchasing another one. 

Hoping that it's the software and that it's fixable soon. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,280
Message 28 of 145

@Zedniac wrote:

Yes, that is correct. I have tested with multiple Bluetooth audio devices and none of them exhibited the issue.

Sorry about the delay, could you share us the current SW version of your device and build number via private message. Here are the steps on how to send a Private Message.

We have seen improvements on this and would like to confirm? If your device is updated to the latest version available and if you have observed any improvements. If not, request you to update your device and let us know how it goes? Meanwhile, please update your profile with IMEI.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,276
Message 29 of 145

@Realalice wrote:

I can confirm that I also have the issue of poor audio quality when using wired earbuds at a low volume. Music cuts in and out, in on the downbeats and out on the off beats. This is also the case when watching TV shows or YouTube; dialogue is audible but the background music cuts in and out .

Echoing what many other users have said on this forum, it is too much work to factory reset or to replace when we have multiple reports that it may be a systemic defect. I love the phone so far, but this defect is a deal breaker for me. If I return it I won't be purchasing another one. 

Hoping that it's the software and that it's fixable soon. 

Sorry to learn about that, may I know if you have already updated your device to the latest version available and could you share us the screenshot of the same.

Meanwhile, we have shared your feedback with our product team and request you to please update your profile with IMEI.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Realalice
Paper Tape
Views: 1,272
Message 30 of 145

this is a screenshot of my phone slowing it's updated to the latest version of Android .

Top Kudoed Authors