cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Realalice
Paper Tape
Views: 1,042
Message 31 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

This is a screenshot of my phone's software variant, Android security patch level, kernel version, etc. 

-Removed screenshot for privacy. -Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,038
Message 32 of 145

@Realalice wrote:

This is a screenshot of my phone's software variant, Android security patch level, kernel version, etc. 

Thank you for sharing more information, we have shared the same with our product team. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 969
Message 33 of 145

I have this problem too. My phone is brand new. I've had it for one day. I was told by the Chat people that the headphone jack size is 3.55mm which is most obviously wrong and incompetent.  I've tried multiple headphones and have the exact same crappy audio on Spotify, Play music, all apps. 

I will keep the device if Motorola sends me free bluetooth headphones or provides a fix for this problem by the end of business today. Otherwise I am returning this phone to Amazon with a one star rating. 

Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 939
Message 34 of 145

I just purchased a Moto G6 Play and I'm having the same problem.  Audio cuts out any time the music gets quiet - even when media volume is over 50%.  The cutout is not subtle, its very obvious and completely destroys any music that isn't "macho mastered" like modern pop tunes.  It sounds like either the headphone amp is switching off, or there's an overzealous noise gate in the circuit.

The problem happens with and without Dolby audio enabled.  This happens with any audio player, and any headphones.  This happens when on battery or when plugged in.  My device claims to be up to date (8.0.0, March 1, 2018).

Please provide an update on this issue:

• Is my particular device defective (ie, should I attempt to replace it)?
  • Is this something that can and will be fixed in software (ie, should I wait)?
  • Is this a fundamental design flaw (ie, should I cut my losses and get a different phone)?

This is my first experience with a Moto product and it seems to be an otherwise great phone.  But Im very disappointed by this glaring defect and by Lenovo's sluggish response.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 929
Message 35 of 145

I've already returned the phone, alerted Amazon of the problem and given the phone a one star rating which would be zero if I could. I would rather have no phone than a Motorola.

Dfd2
Paper Tape
Views: 882
Message 36 of 145

I'm another unhappy customer with the exact same problem. It does seem to come from heavy noise gate compression, so I hope a software update will fix the issue.

Bobbyloco82
Blue Screen Again
Views: 868
Message 37 of 145

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Moto G6 play , the sound seems to drop

Out while playing music with low Bass notes , the mids and Highs are on point though , I've tried several types of user downloadable mp3 player apps from Google play store and it's no improvement with any of them , I have also tried several types of hard wired headphones , Sony 

Sennheiser , Skullcandy , etc. The only headphones that actually sound good are Bluetooth headphones , I love my Moto G6 play so I'm cool with dealing with the sound quality , I use my Moto e4 for an mp3 player and my G6 play for an actual phone . Overall Motorola made an awesome budget friendly phone with some top quality features on the motM G6 play. Awesome job Motorola .👍👍👍

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 804
Message 38 of 145

Hi All,

We thank you for your feedback and reports. We have shared the same with our product team for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

fnicoli
Blue Screen Again
Views: 789
Message 39 of 145

I've bought a G6 Play two months ago and I have no such problems.

Plus, you sir (graffin), is the kind of client that NO business wants at all: the kind that threatens to never again use their products and tries to diminish the effort of so many people because of one engineering mistake.

My unit's earphones, though, seem to be too much sealed, such that I can hear what I believe to be the speaker spider moving everytime I walk or touch the earphone. I think the air inside the space formed bu my ear cavity and the earphone gets pressurised and moves the spider around. It sound like paper being kneaded. I successfully corrected that by drilling small holes on the rubberized part of the earphone using a needle.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 780
Message 40 of 145

This is third Moto g phone my family has had, g4 which has extreme battery issues; G5 plus with headphone issue; and now this phone.

A company should make sure product works before selling it. Period.

I am glad they don't want me as customer.

Top Kudoed Authors