cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfd2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,553
Message 41 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

Hi Swaraj, 

Thanks for your help. I would like to kindly ask you whether the team has figured out if this is a hardware or a software problem. Any news would be very appreciated, as my phone's warranty is about to expire and it would be good to know if I should return the phone or not. Again, many thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,513
Message 42 of 145

@Dfd2 wrote:

Hi Swaraj, 

Thanks for your help. I would like to kindly ask you whether the team has figured out if this is a hardware or a software problem. Any news would be very appreciated, as my phone's warranty is about to expire and it would be good to know if I should return the phone or not. Again, many thanks.

Hi Dfd2,

Please be informed that we are still waiting for an update. Our team is still working, if this is really troubling your daily use -- then the next option would be service/return/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Mischief314
What's DOS?
Views: 1,433
Message 43 of 145

So I have the same problem using any kind of wired headset and the sound quality being horrible.

I turned off my Dolby audio app and the sound got so much better.

ringania
What's DOS?
Views: 1,364
Message 44 of 145

I'm facing the exact same issue with Moto G6. The amplitude of the audio signal is really low. This needs to be fixed and I don't think replacing would help.

I also confirmed this with a friend mine.

Lakeswim
Paper Tape
Views: 1,319
Message 45 of 145

I purchased a G6 Play via Amazon on Prime Day, and have the reported sound drop out problem with headphones or ear buds.  I have tried four different cabled ear devices all experience the same problem.  It is most pronounced at low levels can easily be heard on the movie Rouge One at 1:35- 1:31 Remaining.   The music is completely gone at a level below 70% and the dialog drop at least part of every other word below 50%.  This appears to be a phone noise suppression software which is being used across all applications.

I have ordered a replacement however if it has the same problem I will need to return it for a different brand of phone. 

MauroPatriota
What's DOS?
Views: 1,314
Message 46 of 145

Same issue here, I almost changed my Bluetooth earphones thinking that their loss his quality and for my surprise when I connected to my laptop their were working loud and clearly. I tried to disable the Dolby audio and nothing happened.

The same issue is happening with my wired headphones, so definitely motog6 play has some big issue with sound leveling. In my case the sound does not have the loudness and is is like the volume reach the top with 50%, so it is impossible to hear things that need attention like, study lessons for example.

Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 1,263
Message 47 of 145

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Please be informed that we are still waiting for an update.

Any updates yet?

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

the next option would be service/return/replacement.

Wouldn't a replacement device have the same problem?

Would service actually be able to fix it (do you have a fix in-house)?

mxa95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,188
Message 48 of 145

Found this solution posted elsewhere:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g6/how-to/moto-g6-play-headphone-fix-t3819649

Download Audio Router from Google Play and then manually turn headphone jack on and off.

This seems to confirm that there is a simple software solution to this problem.  How often do updates get pushed out for these phones?  Hopefully, in the next 10 days before I have to return the phone because otherwise I like the phone.

realmoflawton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,129
Message 49 of 145

Wow, this fix seems to have totally worked for me. I was having the same exact issue as the rest. I bought the phone on Prime Day and have been using it for about a week. I noticed the issue with the volume cutting out while watching YouTube videos with my wired earbuds. They are Panasonic and worked great on my Moto G4. The sound quality on the G6 Play was terrible. I just downloaded the Audio Router app while I was playing a song and turned the audio jack off/on in the middle and the difference is night vs. day! Definitely a software issue. C'mon Moto/Lenovo! You guys can figure this out and push out a fix!

Now I'm battling the size of the 3.5mm jack with certain cables as it doesn't seem to like certain ones. Some of us still use our phones for FM radio, so the 3.5mm jack is still necessary!

Zestii
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 50 of 145

I've recently bought a new moto g6 play amd I am having the same issue that everyone seems to be having with audio quality on wired headphones/earbuds. The issue arised straight out of the box. It seems to me that the audio problem is definitely more noticeable when the Dolby audio setting is turned off compared to when Dolby audio is enabled. I can also hear some kind of static in the background when listening to music. Sometimes, when I pause music there is a audible popping sound after a short delay. It also appears at the precise moment when I start playing audio. This happens regardless of whether the Dolby audio mode is enabled or disabled

I doubt that this problem will be fixed by any factory reset or a repair/service/replacement. This seems to be an innate part of the phone.

It's worth noting that the solution posted above by mxa95 worked for me. The app allows the user to manually route audio to different connected devices/outputs for audio. However, upon returning my phone to 'default' audio routing settingsto doublecheck the problem, I no longer had audio issues with my phone besides the popping noise. I'm not sure if the routing app is not working properly, or if the audio routing fixed the problem entirely. I will restart my phone and update if I have any progress.

Top Kudoed Authors