cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjmcginnis14
What's DOS?
Views: 878
Message 51 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

I just bought my Moto g6 play from boost Mobile today and have had this problem. Boost Mobile told me to contact Moto about it how to I check into service or replacement?

DonIbod
Paper Tape
Views: 808
Message 52 of 145

I'm on day two with the G6 Play and am very happy with it aside from the audio cutting out with multiple brands of wired earbuds (and tweaking all the audio settings). I installed Audio Router and like the others, that fixed the problem. Lenovo, please push out a fix ASAP...it's obviously a pervasive problem and I don't want that app on my phone forever.

Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 770
Message 53 of 145

@Agent_Swaraj

Please be informed that we are still waiting for an update

The lack of communication on this issue has been very disappointing.

• It's been 2 months since the product team replicated the defect.
  • It's been 3 weeks since the last post by a Moto agent.
    • In that time, 7 more people have reported the issue with no response.
  • We've repeatedly asked if this was a hardware or software issue, and gotten no answer.
    • Thanks to user effort, we now know that the problem is in software and is fixable.

I understand that fixes take time.  But a little more transparency into the process would be appreciated.  Please let us at least know that a fix is coming, if not when.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 742
Message 54 of 145

@Hazel_D wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj

Please be informed that we are still waiting for an update

The lack of communication on this issue has been very disappointing.

• It's been 2 months since the product team replicated the defect.
  • It's been 3 weeks since the last post by a Moto agent.
    • In that time, 7 more people have reported the issue with no response.
  • We've repeatedly asked if this was a hardware or software issue, and gotten no answer.
    • Thanks to user effort, we now know that the problem is in software and is fixable.

I understand that fixes take time.  But a little more transparency into the process would be appreciated.  Please let us at least know that a fix is coming, if not when.

Hello Hazel_D,

We are sorry about the delay, we understand how frustrating this could be. We would like to inform you that we should see the improvements in the coming update. I do not have a time frame for the same as it takes time and rolls out in batches, but will certainly keep you posted once I have more info on this.

We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Jerro333
What's DOS?
Views: 737
Message 55 of 145

Sorry for bad grammar , but I just noticed the cracking sound when listening to hard based music(songs)! I love the phone itself,but VERY disappointed at the poor 3.5 audio quality! Please let me know of any solution! Just got my phone today.

markmackend
What's DOS?
Views: 684
Message 56 of 145

i am having the exact same problem as the original poster. My headphone volume with apple airpods is extremely low. maybe 40% of what the maximum volume should be. so bad that when im walking down the street listening at max volume, the noise of the road drowns out the sound completely and i can barely hear it. if im at the gym, the softly playing gym music is roughly the same volume as my headphones at max volume. there doesnt appear to be a fix for this and i need to be able to listen to music at work and at the gym. i may need to get a dif phone.

HzMeister
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 57 of 145

We are sorry about the delay, we understand how frustrating this could be. We are glad to inform you that we should see the improvements in the coming update shortly. I do not have a time frame for the same as it takes time and rolls out in batches, but will certainly keep you posted once I have more info on this.

We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

I just installed the latest update (july 1 security patch) and the headphone audio quality is definitely NOT fixed. Can you explain this??

As other users have found, the only way to resolve this is by using 'audio router' every time you restart the phone. It fixes the problem but breaks a lot of other things like the phone app - no sound out of earpiece and proximity sensor is gone, and autopause media when headphone is removed. Plus the app is super buggy and autostarts by itself.

Only real option I see is to make a tasker profile that runs java code to fix it. I've spent a couple hours messing with it, but I'm not a developer, so I didn't get anywhere. Someone who knows what they're doing could probably figure it out in a couple minutes..

Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 651
Message 58 of 145

@HzMeister

I just installed the latest update (july 1 security patch) and the headphone audio quality is definitely NOT fixed.

Can confirm.  Got the July update today.  Headphone jack is still unusable.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 614
Message 59 of 145

Hi All.

Sorry to hear that, if the issue is persisting after the update then we recommend repair/replacement as the next step.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
realmoflawton
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 60 of 145

Swaraj, are you insane? This has been proven to be a software bug. What possible benefit would a repair/replace serve other than to inconvenience the customer? Are you able to provide any meaningful support beyond just reading from a script?

Top Kudoed Authors