cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 824
Message 61 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

I expected to hear "sorry, this was not addressed in the July update, we're still working on it."  That would have been understandable.  But instead, we get:

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Sorry to hear that, if the issue is persisting after the update then we recommend repair/replacement as the next step.

I hope this is just a canned response, written without thinking things through.  Because if this statement is accurate, then it implies one of the following:

• Moto attempted to fix it in the July update, failed, and has no plans to try again, or
  • Moto did not attempt to fix it in the July update, and has no intention fixing it, or
  • It actually is a hardware issue which could be fixed by repair/replace (doubtful given what we know).

I very much hope I'm wrong.  Moto, please clarify.

Zedniac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 816
Message 62 of 145

Just to add my 2¢, it is extremely clear that it is a software issue. The fact that turning the jack off and on using the Audio Router app (which works on my device as well) demonstrates clearly that it is a software problem. If something was physically wrong with the jack, using a third party app to turn it off and on wouldn't solve it.

I hope very much that Swaraj's response was canned and that Motorola still plans to solve this bug. I have not yet received the July update but I don't anticipate that it will fix it. It's just a security update anyway as far as I know.

cmlawrence
What's DOS?
Views: 663
Message 63 of 145

Experiencing the same thing on my Moto G6 Play purchased 8/10/18. Horrible audio via headphones/earbuds, and getting dropouts when connected to bluetooth speakers.

So - Lenovo - add one more person to validate that this is not an imaginary issue.

I read through the whole thread, but couldn't figure out if this issue also plagues the Moto G6, or is it just the Play? Anyone know?

Ethazine
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 64 of 145

Hi I purchased my g6 play two days ago, and my phone is up to date but has the same headphone sound issues. Just for clarification, the only solution is to replace/repair my new phone? This is my first Motorola and I mostly love it, but the fact that headphones work so poorly on this phone combined with this very underwhelming community support is not likely to make me a continuing customer. It is a very basic feature that this thread indicates has been broken for far too long on the g6 play. 

Zestii
Paper Tape
Views: 562
Message 65 of 145

No, your (and our) problem will not be fixed by repairing/replacing your phone as the moderator, Agent_Swaraj, has suggested. This issue has been confirmed on multiple devices and it is almost guaranteed to be a software issue inherent in all Moto G6 Play phones. Ignore the suggestions given by Agent_Swaraj, as his actual interest in finding a solution to this problem seems dubious at best. 

A rudimentary, clunky fix that has worked for myself and a handful of others is to download an app from the Play Store called 'Audio Router'. It is an app that allows you to manually choose which ports you want to hear audio from. This is a "band-aid" solution to our little issue here. 

FYI when you route the audio to the audio jack make sure you turn down the volume a tad if you have earbuds in because it will susbstantially raise the volume level.

Cjmcginnis14
What's DOS?
Views: 556
Message 66 of 145

What audio router did u use I need it cause I don't think they are gonna fix the issue

Zestii
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 67 of 145

It's called 'Audio Router' by ManInBlue on the Google Play Store. The icon is a purple, 8-bit speaker on a neon green background. If you use it, make sure to route your phone calls to your preferred setup. The app won't work properly if you route audio to both 'Audio Jack' and 'Loud Speaker' (phone's built-in speaker). I had to set my phone calls to 'Loud Speaker' because I couldn't hear anything during phone calls if I turned off the 'Loud Speaker' to listen to music.

cmlawrence
What's DOS?
Views: 545
Message 68 of 145

Exchanged my G6 Play for a G6.

Audio through headphones is still problematic, although I do believe it is a bit better than I experienced on my G6 play. But, there is still something wrong. Spoken audio sounds a bit distorted, particularly at low volume.

So, I don't know if getting a G6 is much of a fix. And, it costs about $50 more.

AaronJosue
What's DOS?
Views: 481
Message 69 of 145

Hola

No tengo audio solo con audífonos que debo hacer ??

Zestii
Paper Tape
Views: 476
Message 70 of 145

Hóla. Todos nosotros tenemos la misma problema con el Moto G6 Play. La solucion que tenemos ahora es instalar la aplicación llamado 'Audio Router' del Google Play Store. No se si tiene otro nombre en español o no. Cuando ya tienes la aplicación, ajusta que el audio de los audífonos (Audio Jack) esta encendido y que el audio del altavoz (Loud Speaker) esta apagado. Esto debería ayudarte escuchar el audio de tus audífonos mejor. Cuando terminas de escuchar música o lo que sea por los audífonos, deberías volver los dos configuraciones al lo original (Default). Espero que esto te ayuda.

Top Kudoed Authors