cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jheartney
Fanfold Paper
Views: 749
Message 71 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

I also have a Moto G6 Play that I've had for a few weeks, and it has the same problem - audio cuts out in quiet passages on any device using the headphone jack. This happens on (so far as I can tell) all apps and all audio devices connected to the headphone jack. Using the Audio Router app fixes it; just turn the audio jack off and on.

I'm not going to return the phone, as this problem seems widespread, and is unlikely to be fixed on a new phone. For now I'll just use the Audio Router workaround, and hope they fix it in the next update.

Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 697
Message 72 of 145

@Hazel_D wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Sorry to hear that, if the issue is persisting after the update then we recommend repair/replacement as the next step.

Moto, please clarify.

Dear Moto,

We're still still waiting on clarification.

Are you still working on this?

If not, how exactly would repair/replacement fix what is clearly a software issue?

deedeefrost11
What's DOS?
Views: 546
Message 73 of 145

Same here. I had first purchased the Moto g6 play over a month ago. I noticed that the audio would fluctuate between higher volume then lower volume by itself every 5 seconds to a higher level for like 3 second day then lower to the level I had set it at then again repeat this same cycle and it was an obvious change which was annoying. I lost my phone a few days later and then filed a claim through the insurance after a couple of weeks and got a replacement. The replacement did not have the issue of fluctuating volumes but the audio quality when connected to the headphone jack was horrible. It sounds Terrible and the vocals no matter what song I play are barely audible. I mean I've never had a problem with any device that was so bad that I was actually willing to take time and write a bad review. I don't want to file another claim because from all the other complaints I've read about this phone, I don't want another g6 play at all. I feel like Motorola should either replace all defective phones with a whole different model like the g6 or even the g5. It's extremely frustrating and I want to smash my phone at least once a day. What can be done to fix this? C'mon Motorola don't do your consumers wrong like this.

jheartney
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 74 of 145

Have you tried turning off Dolby Audio? (It's in Settings>Sound>Dolby Audio.) It's on by default, and makes a major change in equalization levels. Try turning it off, and see if the sound is more like what you want. I also thought music was sounding odd, till I discovered you can remove the equalization changes and go back to unfiltered sound.
Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 472
Message 75 of 145

Dear Moto,

It's been three weeks since the last post by a Moto agent.  People are still reporting this problem, including new users.   Yet you are still not provding any concrete information about if/how/when you intend to address this defect.

If you don't intend to do anything more, then say so.  Bad news is better than no news.  The lack of communication on this issue has been far worse than the actual defect!

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 455
Message 76 of 145

There is some trouble with The Dolby app, when you use headphones you cant use The EQ and raise the bass because of security reasons, only way to bypass it is to i activate it and use The Players  original EQ for ex Blackplayer or goggle music since it changes The EQ in Google music to the Dolby EQ? Is it supposed to work ehis way, it seems stranger to me, I always liked Dolby but this is not normal!! 

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 457
Message 77 of 145

I mean deactivate. Sorry for autocorrection
plutoforever
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 78 of 145

Count me as someone else who has these issues with headphones. I just bought a Moto G6 Play and plugging headphones in results in terrible sound quality.  I downloaded the Audio Router and this fixes it as long as I have Audio Jack set to On as opposed to Default but this also means I can't hear phone calls with the headphones out unless I change it back to Default first.  It's a silly thing to have to rely on a 3rd party app to fix an issue with the software for something as basic as headphones.

realmoflawton
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 79 of 145

Hey everyone,

I have an incidient set up with Motorola Support for this issue (#180830-015573) and have referred them to this forum thread, just in case anyone else is working with Support.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 327
Message 80 of 145

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble you are going through, we understand how frustrating this could be. We have seen improvements reported by a few users though. However, If this is really affecting your daily use and if you are in your exchange window-- please have your device exchanged if not repair/replacement would be the next step.

We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors