cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jheartney
Fanfold Paper
Views: 597
Message 81 of 145

Re: Moto G6 Play poor headphone audio quality - confirmed on multiple devices.

As numerous posters have noted, this is not a hardware problem. Exchanging our phones would thus be a waste of our time and yours. What needs to happen is for your software engineers to find the problem, patch the code and put out an update.
mxa95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 587
Message 82 of 145

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble you are going through, we understand how frustrating this could be. We have seen improvements reported by a few users though. However, If this is really affecting your daily use and if you are in your exchange window-- please have your device exchanged if not repair/replacement would be the next step.

We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Hi Swaraj,

What was done to bring about the "improvements reported by a few users?"

Thanks in advance for any specifics.

DonIbod
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 83 of 145

A few users? I'm past my return window and I otherwise like the phone. Lenovo will get a lot of returns and honestly how complicated can this be to fix?

This 3rd party app is not a long term solution. You need to reconfigure that app every time you talk on the phone and listen to headphones. And one of the major reasons people will buy this phone is because it has a headphone jack...

plutoforever
Paper Tape
Views: 571
Message 84 of 145

I'm not going to exchange it for a new Moto G6 when multiple posters here have already said that didn't make a difference and it's a widespread issue across all Moto G6s.  If I exchange it it'll be for a different kind of phone but I'd prefer not doing that.  I'd prefer to see you all fix this issue on your end especially since it seems to have been an issue for months that you all were aware of.

realmoflawton
Paper Tape
Views: 564
Message 85 of 145

Swaraj, if you send me a replacement Moto G6 Play then I will be able to confirm within 2 or 3 minutes whether it has the same problem. But I don't want to send back my current device until I have confirmed that the issue does not exist on the new device. It takes several hours of my time to properly migrate to a new device. If this is indeed a software issue, which all evidence points to, then I don't know what good a replacement will do, but I'm willing to give it a try to prove the point. Let me know who I need to reach out to.

Spoiler

Hazel_D
Punch Card
Views: 555
Message 86 of 145

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

We have seen improvements reported by a few users though.

This is only possible if it is a software defect.

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:
please have your device exchanged if not repair/replacement would be the next step.

This will only help if it is a hardware defect.  The original poster replaced their device multiple times with no resolution.  Why should we expect different?

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Dear Moto,

It is very difficult to be patient when you dodge our questions and give us conflicting non-answers like this.  Please stop sending scripted responses and communicate.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 495
Message 87 of 145

@Hazel_D wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

We have seen improvements reported by a few users though.

This is only possible if it is a software defect.

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:
please have your device exchanged if not repair/replacement would be the next step.

This will only help if it is a hardware defect.  The original poster replaced their device multiple times with no resolution.  Why should we expect different?

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Dear Moto,

It is very difficult to be patient when you dodge our questions and give us conflicting non-answers like this.  Please stop sending scripted responses and communicate.

Everyone, it's not uncommon for similar symptoms to have different root causes. For example, if the ABS signal turns on in your car it could be a software problem in the computer or it could be your brakes are going bad. When we know there is a specific issue causing failed headset audio and know it's a hardware issue we recommend exchanging your phone or getting it fixed/repaired. Is it possible that some users had similar headset issues that were resolved with a software update? Sure, but I can tell you there were not any specific software fixes that I'm aware of in recent updates. So, it would appear to be coincidental that the headset is working better after the update for some users. Now, if you've had your phone replaced or repaired and are still having headset issues, please reach out to @Agent_Swaraj so we can investigate further.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Zestii
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 88 of 145

Just for clarification purposes: The third-party app that many of us have been using to combat this issue routes audio to different ports on the phone. I can't speak for everyone here, but in my experience all of the "hardware" (audio jack, loud speaker) work perfectly fine once the audio has been fully routed towards one or the other using the 'Audio Router' app.

If the hardware works fine once the phone is routing audio correctly, how can this issue have "different root causes" that are in any way hardware-borne issues. Secondly, what should I do to fix my phone if I suspect that my problem with the audio jack is due to a software issue? Repair/replace would not address the issue that I am encountering since the hardware seems to be working just fine. 

Zedniac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 463
Message 89 of 145

The ABS analogy is misguided. Here is one that's closer to the actual problem:

You just bought a new Tesla, and you're noticing that the brakes are a little funky. They only seem to work a little bit, until you push the brake pedal a lot harder than you should have to - then they brake really hard. You wonder if it's a problem with the actual brakes - until you read online that people have temporarily solved the problem by turning an obscure software (!) setting on and off. Additionally, some drivers have replaced their brakes entirely, but the problem still remains. After confirming the fix for yourself, what do you think you're most likely to do, get your brakes replaced or bug Tesla for a software update?

I am not aware of any users who have solved this issue by replacing their phone. If I am incorrect, please correct me and I am likely to go through the repair / replace process just to exhaust my options. However, I don't have much faith that it will solve the problem. If it does not I will be demanding a different model of phone or a refund because that would be unacceptable for the amount of hassle.

How hard is it to make a headphone jack work in 2018?

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 452
Message 90 of 145

I have huge problems with the Dolby Audio app, it hijacks The EQ for ex in Google music, if you deactivate the Dolby app and restart the G. Music app the standard EQ is back. In The Dolby app you cant raise the bass in EQ for security reasons(with headphones), but its OK to do so in others Players Why? Can this have something to do with it because something not righty, you should try to install a cleaner vanilla and test of it helps. Funny that it sysrted when this is the first Moto G thats bloated a bit  I referer to the ms apps and something else and The Dolby Audio app  Best reegards Pierre Gothenburg Sweden 

Top Kudoed Authors