Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMi
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 Play seems to losing it

Main problem is the media apps on the phone cannot find music on the sd card, although there is music on the sd card. the app libraries come up empty. This is true for Google Play Music, and Player Pro. 

When this happened a week ago, I did a factory reset. After that, the music was back in the apps, and everything was great until today, when I restarted the phone. When the phone came back on, the app music library was empty again.

Also, I can't get the screen lock to behave the way it is instructed in settings. I have it set to lock 50 min after sleep. But if I manually put the screen to sleep, the phone immediately locks and I have to enter the pin to unlock.

Is there anything to be done?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 88
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Play seems to losing it

Hi JohnMi,

Thanks for posting. Let me try to help. Could you help us with the name of the 'Media apps' you are talking about? Do you see the same behaviour on Google Play Music? Have you tried any other troubleshooting on your device apart from Factory Data Reset—so we do not duplicate?

As you have started noticing this past a week, do you remember what was the last thing you did on your device? Have you installed any recent app? May I know the SD card name?

Let us know if you have any questions?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Highlighted
JohnMi
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Play seems to losing it

Now I did another restart, and the problem has disappeared. The music library has songs in it again. The one thing that I did differently is, I believe, I did not swipe away the SD card notification in the status bar. Usually after turning on the phone I wait until the phone is done "checking the card for errors" as reported in the status bar, and then I swipe the notification away. This time, I think, I did not swipe the notification away. But at some point it went away on its own (meaning, the image of the SD card was no longer in my status bar). Then I checked and found that the songs had returned in my music app. I have no idea if there's a connection betwen these things.

The apps that had the problem were Player Pro and Google Play Music. The SD card is a Sandisk. I don't think I installed any new apps immediately before the problem first started. 

Top Kudoed Authors