Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Airam9907
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,261
Message 1 of 10

Moto G6 Plus Android 9 - Adjust Navigation Buttons

Hi,

Recently my moto g6 plus was updated to Android 9 and it doesn't appear the option to change the navigation buttons shape, i been looking for the option but i can't find it. Also, i think this version of Android in my phone it's a bit slow compared to the Oreo version.

Thanks for the help!

Edit title for clarity - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 17,227
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G6 Plus Android 9 Update

@Airam9907 wrote:

Hi,

Recently my moto g6 plus was updated to Android 9 and it doesn't appear the option to change the navigation buttons shape, i been looking for the option but i can't find it. Also, i think this version of Android in my phone it's a bit slow compared to the Oreo version.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Airam9907,

Can you please try the mentioned steps below,

Go to Settings >System>> About phone>> Tap on Build Number seven (7) times>> This will enable Developer Options.

Enable developer options, no need to change anything in it, just enable it and the change icon shape will be available.

Long press on home screen>>Home settings>>Change icon shape. Please try and let us know.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Airam9907
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,191
Message 3 of 10

Hi Agent_Kaka,

thanks for answering, but when I refer to the navigation buttons I mean the ones that are located at the bottom of the phone screen, the triangle, circle and square. With the update I have seen that they can be changed by a bar.

Thank you very much and sorry for the confusion. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 17,223
Message 4 of 10

@Airam9907 wrote:

Hi Agent_Kaka,

thanks for answering, but when I refer to the navigation buttons I mean the ones that are located at the bottom of the phone screen, the triangle, circle and square. With the update I have seen that they can be changed by a bar.

Thank you very much and sorry for the confusion. 

Hi Airam9907,

Thanks for reverting, sorry about the misunderstanding earlier. Please be advised that the 'option/feature/gesture' that you are looking for is 'Swipe up Gesture' and the same is not available on Moto G6 Plus, as a reason—these feature is exclusive for 'Android One Device's' such as Moto One Power or Moto X4 (Android One Version).

However, you would still be able to use the default 'Moto One-button nav' feature on your device under Moto Actions. Hope this clarifies!

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Nilesh212
Paper Tape
Views: 14,081
Message 5 of 10

After pie update my moto g6 facing problem 

Phond become slow

App lunching slow

yashmaanjs
What's DOS?
Views: 13,801
Message 6 of 10

Hold down 'power button' for 5-6 seconds & your device will restart & fixes some minor problems. Until now for sure that's it we can do.
Crazyjoker
Serial Port
Views: 13,770
Message 7 of 10

Re: Moto G6 Plus Android 9 - Adjust Navigation Buttons

Sir I understand that Moto g6 and G6 plus has one button Navigation what about Moto G6 play 

crisos
Paper Tape
Views: 12,510
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I've upgrade to Android P and my G6 plus loose GPS, does anyone else have that? There are suggestions?

Tks!

SeMoZaKi
Punch Card
Views: 3,172
Message 9 of 10

Did you try to clear all cache through recovery menu? Old cache vs new update may present performance problems

Kanom
What's DOS?
Views: 2,259
Message 10 of 10

I have Moto g7. It there a way to remove the navigation bar altogether? When I play any video from chrome in full screen mode, the navigation bar won't go away. It does only for you tube videos. It is really irritating to the eye, especially at night where it appears as a bright white bar at the bottom of the screen when I'm watching any video. Please help

Note: Tried one botton navigation. It does the same thing except that the bar is thinner. Please help. 

Top Kudoed Authors