Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodexio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 409
Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 Plus Infinite Boot Loop, etc...

System apps and third party apps crushing everyday, since the first week of use of a NEW phone. At the beginning it was only the apps crushing, then the phone started to freeze and re start itself. Then the re starts would take longer time and/or it would get stuck in a boot loop that would last between 2 to 6 re boots. One day it just got stuck on an infinite re boot loop. There was no way Android would start. I found help online on how to do a factory reset and began the installing the files one by one without migrate nothing from the cloud, as requested on some threads at this same blog. System apps crushed right after the first use of the phone. Installed manually some third party apps, all normal until they started to crash, in wich cases I had to re start the phone because either way they would not work.

I am sending the phone to the seller to see if the warranty covers this and I can get a new phone.

My previous phone was a Moto G2 and worked perfectly. As a matter of fact, was the phone that got me convinced to keep buying Motorola phones. HUGE disappointment with the Moto G6 Plus. Would not recommend this phone, I already regret buying it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 345
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 Plus Infinite Boot Loop, etc...

@Rodexio wrote:

System apps and third party apps crushing everyday, since the first week of use of a NEW phone. At the beginning it was only the apps crushing, then the phone started to freeze and re start itself. Then the re starts would take longer time and/or it would get stuck in a boot loop that would last between 2 to 6 re boots. One day it just got stuck on an infinite re boot loop. There was no way Android would start. I found help online on how to do a factory reset and began the installing the files one by one without migrate nothing from the cloud, as requested on some threads at this same blog. System apps crushed right after the first use of the phone. Installed manually some third party apps, all normal until they started to crash, in wich cases I had to re start the phone because either way they would not work.

I am sending the phone to the seller to see if the warranty covers this and I can get a new phone.

My previous phone was a Moto G2 and worked perfectly. As a matter of fact, was the phone that got me convinced to keep buying Motorola phones. HUGE disappointment with the Moto G6 Plus. Would not recommend this phone, I already regret buying it.

Hi Rodexio,

Sorry, you are having issues with your new device. I understand how frustrating this could be. This is unusual. If you have already tried Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps with no avail then the best option would be to have your device replaced if it is under the replacement window still.

In the meantime, we have your IMEI details on file. Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do so: Go to Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy > Enable and let us know.

We also wanted to confirm if you are using an SD card on your device?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Rodexio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 341
Message 3 of 6

Hello Agent_Swaraj. Thank you for your reply. The Motorola Privacy is enabled and you are free to look up anything you need. Would love to help solve this issue, so other users can get an fair solution to the same problem.

Yes, I am using an SD card, since is a feature of the phone and it should bring no problems to my phone.

Bye.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 326
Message 4 of 6

@Rodexio wrote:

Hello Agent_Swaraj. Thank you for your reply. The Motorola Privacy is enabled and you are free to look up anything you need. Would love to help solve this issue, so other users can get an fair solution to the same problem.

Yes, I am using an SD card, since is a feature of the phone and it should bring no problems to my phone.

Bye.

Hi Rodexio,

Thanks for the additional information, could you confirm if the SD card is set as Internal/External storage? However, we have seen SD card being the issue at certain cases—and request you to remove the SD card and observe? Let us know if that helps? If yes, please take a backup and have your SD card formate and test again.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Rodexio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 267
Message 5 of 6

Hello again. I have removed the SD card and it has helped with the re starts of the phone. But two third party apps I use the most keep having problems and crashing. I keep needing to re start the phone when they cause trouble in order to make them work normally. In one of those cases, at the boot moment (where the logo of Motorola is shown in yellow with a blue background) the phone went into a boot loop of 3 loops before starting Android. Beside that one moment forced re starts have not been occurring.

Had you take a look at the apps? Anything of help?

Thank you for the assistance.

Rodrigo.-

Rodexio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 185
Message 6 of 6

No more replays. No answers. No solutions. As seen at others post in this same forum.

SD Card out, factory reset done. Problems remains, and no solid help. What a nice company. I guess Motorola has lost its quality.

Top Kudoed Authors