Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lkw0708
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 Plus XT1926-5 retapac Volte and Wifi calling support in Hong Kong

I'm using a Moto G6 Plus XT1926-5 retapac in HK, and would like to know which HK mobile network operator's VoLTE or Wifi calling features are enabled by Motorola on the phone.

So far I found a operator named "SmarTone", which is 1 of 4 major mobile network service operators in HK, is NOT enabled. I've checked with that operator and they said the VoLTE and Wifi calling features are in service, and they suggested me to check with phone manufacturer.

Will Motorola consider to enable this operator "SmarTone" in your list, so that Moto phone's owner can enjoy those VoLTE and Wifi calling features in HK?

As I know "SmarTone" is using the following mobile network code (MNC) in HK (MCC: 454)

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 76
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Plus XT1926-5 retapac Volte and Wifi calling support in Hong Kong

@lkw0708 wrote:

I'm using a Moto G6 Plus XT1926-5 retapac in HK, and would like to know which HK mobile network operator's VoLTE or Wifi calling features are enabled by Motorola on the phone.

So far I found a operator named "SmarTone", which is 1 of 4 major mobile network service operators in HK, is NOT enabled. I've checked with that operator and they said the VoLTE and Wifi calling features are in service, and they suggested me to check with phone manufacturer.

Will Motorola consider to enable this operator "SmarTone" in your list, so that Moto phone's owner can enjoy those VoLTE and Wifi calling features in HK?

As I know "SmarTone" is using the following mobile network code (MNC) in HK (MCC: 454)

Thanks!

Hi lkw0708,

I would like to inform you that the operators that we provide VoLTE support in Hong Kong are 3HK and CSL. The VoWiFi is not enabled for these carriers.

Thanks for your interest. We're always looking for opportunities to expand the networks for our phones. We'll share your feedback with our product teams. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

lkw0708
Paper Tape
Views: 62
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Plus XT1926-5 retapac Volte and Wifi calling support in Hong Kong

Thanks for your information Suman. Hopes will have the positive update from the product team soon.

Could I ask a favor of you to pass 1 more HK mobile network operator's information to the product team, which hopes they can consider to enable the VoLTE feature also? The operator information is in below:

Operator Name: China Mobile Hong Kong (CMHK)

MCC: 454

MNC in use: 12, 13, 30

Thanks again fo your kindest support

Top Kudoed Authors