Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,898
Message 11 of 74

Re: Phone crashing after Pie Update

Thanks, I just sent everything off on my end. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything back.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
cooperman45
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,752
Message 12 of 74

I am having the same problem since updating to Android pie on my Moto G6 plus (XT1926-3)

I have tried a reset with no improvement. My phone is very unstable and repeatedly crashes and reboots to the blue screen.

Please can you help!

Roger515
What's DOS?
Views: 1,115
Message 13 of 74

Yes, same on my G6 Plus.. crahes everyday at least 3 times and much more... i think, if i activate bluetooth then the phone will crash more often. 

Elving
Fanfold Paper
Views: 904
Message 14 of 74

Re: Moto G6 Plus android 9 randomly reboots

My moto G6 Plus have been running in safe mode for 3 days now and 2-3 times a day it crash and restarts. 
there is a problem with 9.0 pie, but I can't find a pattern, first I suspects the CPU for heat problem but today I try to change the Clock alarm and it crash.

When I use Chrome is also chashing. 

Using SD card, but I dont thing that is the problem.

Try to put the sim-card in sim 2 same problem.

Yes the Phone was rock solid stable before the upgrade.

It's not Houston we have a problem but Motorola you have a problem

Orla
Paper Tape
Views: 1,110
Message 15 of 74

Moto g6 plus crashing after android update

I recently updated the software on my moto g6 plus (got new in December) to andoid version 9 (PPW29.116-20) and have been encountering two issues:

Firstly- my phone now crashes at least 6 times a day. I have seen it crash while using the phone or just while it is sitting doing nothing on my desk.

Secondly - when I open the phone from the lock screen it opens with no app icons. It takes 3-4 seconds for app incons to appear and I can begin navigating. 

Is anyone experiencing the same? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance. 

Orla
Paper Tape
Views: 1,097
Message 16 of 74

Re: Moto g6 plus crashing after android update

In addition, the notification "Moto actions is active" keeps appearing and I cannot dismiss it.
Marcel65
Paper Tape
Views: 1,071
Message 17 of 74

Yes same for me, I was intending to send the phone back to the seller. I bought it a couple of days ago.

When I looked at this site, I conclude it to be a OS bug. That is obvious.

It restarts moreoften by itself. I even did get old TV noise on the screen few times.

It is a XT1926-3

Android PWWS29.116-20-2

How long will this take to be resolved? How can it be resolved? Can I install easy Android 8? How?

I am considering to send the phone back

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,064
Message 18 of 74

@Orla wrote:

I recently updated the software on my moto g6 plus (got new in December) to andoid version 9 (PPW29.116-20) and have been encountering two issues:

Firstly- my phone now crashes at least 6 times a day. I have seen it crash while using the phone or just while it is sitting doing nothing on my desk.

Secondly - when I open the phone from the lock screen it opens with no app icons. It takes 3-4 seconds for app incons to appear and I can begin navigating. 

Is anyone experiencing the same? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance. 

Have you tested running in safe mode? Or a reset and test before installing/restoring any apps?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Orla
Paper Tape
Views: 1,022
Message 19 of 74

Hi Alpha - I did try safe mode but it didn't seem to help. I was thinking of downgranding to oreo but now my phone hs just shut off completely and won't turn on at all! :/

Jacqui27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,039
Message 20 of 74

I also have this problem on my G 6. Crashes 4 times a day minimum. Not a problem before so it would appear to be linked to the android 9 update. I can restart by rebooting. Any suggestions?

Top Kudoed Authors