Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 806
Message 21 of 69

Re: Phone crashing after Pie Update

@Jacqui27 wrote:

I also have this problem on my G 6. Crashes 4 times a day minimum. Not a problem before so it would appear to be linked to the android 9 update. I can restart by rebooting. Any suggestions?

No way to know if it is the same problem or not. Reset, and setup as new (no restore from backup) test without any apps installed. 

I have only seen one person say they reset and nothing improved. If it were me, a reset would be my first stop - this will determine if the OS update is a problem or if some apps on the phone are the issue. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 801
Message 22 of 69

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Jacqui27 wrote:

I also have this problem on my G 6. Crashes 4 times a day minimum. Not a problem before so it would appear to be linked to the android 9 update. I can restart by rebooting. Any suggestions?

No way to know if it is the same problem or not. Reset, and setup as new (no restore from backup) test without any apps installed. 

I have only seen one person say they reset and nothing improved. If it were me, a reset would be my first stop - this will determine if the OS update is a problem or if some apps on the phone are the issue. 

We're still actively investigating these reports. For those that have joined the thread, please ensure your forums profiles are updated with the current IMEI or SN from your phone. Also as @AlphaDog mentioned, please advise if you have tried factory resetting your phone.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Marcel65
Paper Tape
Views: 758
Message 23 of 69

I did restart the phone without my old settings and apps. Without restoring.

It crashes as well. Android 9 itself has abug 

Marcel65
Paper Tape
Views: 782
Message 24 of 69

I even restarted with brand new google account without apps, same song.

Pls Lenovo provide Pie without bugs and resolve.

For me it is too late, I return my phone to my vendor under warranty.

Good luck folks

Marc128
What's DOS?
Views: 705
Message 25 of 69

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem since updating to Android 9. The phone (XT1926-3; PPWS29.116-20-2) is shutting down and restarting 3-5 times per day. Before I never had any problem. I started the phone in secured mode, and had the same problem. It shuts only down when it isn't used (this means even that the display stays off) for one hour or more.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 701
Message 26 of 69

Re: Moto g6 plus crashing after android update

Hi, i got the same problem after the pie update. little bit dissapointed that the only reaction you got is the safe mode thing, tried it to to no avail.

But these guys dont seem to care seeing you havent gotten a reaction in like 10 days.

And saying i bought this phone because i liked the lenovo one i had before but they make phone under moto now.

never again

Orla
Paper Tape
Views: 684
Message 27 of 69

Thanks Tonyvr. FYI I have also tried a factory reset in case there was something buggy in my Pie download - but still no luck. :/

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 601
Message 28 of 69

Hi Everyone, 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Marcel65
Paper Tape
Views: 570
Message 29 of 69

Lateron I noticed many similar rebooting complaints of other customers with these phones with Oreo as well (in 2018). I had never the chance to test this, because I could not turn back the Pie installation after I purchased the phone.

So I conclude this is a hardware issue and bad quality control of Motorola.

Marcel65
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 30 of 69

As I corrected my earlier review. The reboots are noticed by other customers on Oreo as well. It is not Android rev related. Probably it is a hardware problem.

Top Kudoed Authors