Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 597
Message 31 of 74

Re: Moto G6 Plus android 9 randomly reboots

@Elving wrote:

My moto G6 Plus have been running in safe mode for 3 days now and 2-3 times a day it crash and restarts. 
there is a problem with 9.0 pie, but I can't find a pattern, first I suspects the CPU for heat problem but today I try to change the Clock alarm and it crash.

When I use Chrome is also chashing. 

Using SD card, but I dont thing that is the problem.

Try to put the sim-card in sim 2 same problem.

Yes the Phone was rock solid stable before the upgrade.

It's not Houston we have a problem but Motorola you have a problem

Thanks for testing! Sorry about the delay. If you are still having reboot issue on your device please update your profile with IMEI and let us know. We will escalate this for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Elving
Fanfold Paper
Views: 536
Message 32 of 74

4 times today my phone restarts.

3 Times when I tried to watch a little movie on Facebook.

1 time when I was using Chrome.

Elving
Fanfold Paper
Views: 533
Message 33 of 74

Profil updated with IMEI
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 482
Message 34 of 74

@Elving wrote:
Profil updated with IMEI

Thank you Elving, we have shared your details to our product team for further investigation. We will keep you posted.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Charleneaj
What's DOS?
Views: 415
Message 35 of 74

Re: Phone crashing after Pie Update

Hi. My phone is doing the exact same thing. Was working perfectly before the update. What info do you need?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 394
Message 36 of 74

@Marcel65 wrote:

As I corrected my earlier review. The reboots are noticed by other customers on Oreo as well. It is not Android rev related. Probably it is a hardware problem.

I would agree that the issue is not related to the operating system, as long as the operating system is an authentic, OTA version of the software.  Anything else (unlocked bootloader, file downloaded from the web, including unauthorized versions of apps, etc.) and all bets are off.  

So, until we have all of the information we need, we tend not to draw a conclusion.

zimbaxxx
Punch Card
Views: 372
Message 37 of 74

My system is 100% OTA genuine. My phone is ten months old. No games. No strange apps. The problems with freezing only started after update to pie. I suggest you start taking us seriously. Using a phone for your work is not a betting game as you may think.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 455
Message 38 of 74

@zimbaxxx wrote:
My system is 100% OTA genuine. My phone is ten months old. No games. No strange apps. The problems with freezing only started after update to pie. I suggest you start taking us seriously. Using a phone for your work is not a betting game as you may think.

Some problems are app/config related and that needs to be ruled out. It is not unusual for major updates to show stability issues due to inplace upgrades and is reported for every brand of phone, pc, mac, etc. 

Have you done a reset and tested before installing/restoring any apps? If the phone tests fine like that add your apps back slowly and test to make sure stability is maintained. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Charleneaj
What's DOS?
Views: 450
Message 39 of 74

There is clearly an issue with the pie update. Can you just not be bothered to look into it?? There are other threads with the same issues which all happened after the system update. Is this just your way of getting us all to upgrade our phones by making ours old and non functional

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 443
Message 40 of 74

@Charleneaj wrote:

There is clearly an issue with the pie update. Can you just not be bothered to look into it?? There are other threads with the same issues which all happened after the system update. Is this just your way of getting us all to upgrade our phones by making ours old and non functional

There are also others that say the update is fine, so it is important to separate one issue from another. The only way to do that is to have a baseline and do some troubleshooting. 

All phone forums have some users reporting problems after updates. I have had issues too, and I always want to get to the bottom of things. I like to determine on my own if my problem is correctable by me or not. I find that doing a reset and testing with no apps gives me that piece of mind. I can quickly determine if i can fix the issue, or if it something i have to wait to get from the manufacturer. 

I agree the update could be the cause of your issues, but it could be related to apps or configs on your phone. If that is the case, then there is nothing any manufacturer can change with an update and the best and fastest solution is a reset and test before installing/restoring any apps. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors