Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charleneaj
What's DOS?
Views: 443
Message 41 of 69

Re: Phone crashing after Pie Update

Ok. I understand. Please can you advise how to reset and test??

zimbaxxx
Punch Card
Views: 438
Message 42 of 69

Do something Moderator,
My phone is frustating. Freezes momentarily. Strange notification sound occasionally with all recent apps closed and swiped away. This is an update issue and you appear to be kicking the can down the road. My phone is still under guarantee and I am gining myself till the end of the week and if I dont see some action on your part my phone is in an envelope and back to the company. I will make it my mission to leave honest bad reviews on Amazon and wherever else I can.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 442
Message 43 of 69

@Charleneaj wrote:

Hi. My phone is doing the exact same thing. Was working perfectly before the update. What info do you need?

Thanks for posting on this thread. Right now we need the serial number/IMEI, carrier, and the phone model, kindly put them on your Profile here in Forums, follow the link for the instruction I just gave on my previous post and let me know. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Charleneaj
What's DOS?
Views: 425
Message 44 of 69

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Charleneaj wrote:

There is clearly an issue with the pie update. Can you just not be bothered to look into it?? There are other threads with the same issues which all happened after the system update. Is this just your way of getting us all to upgrade our phones by making ours old and non functional

There are also others that say the update is fine, so it is important to separate one issue from another. The only way to do that is to have a baseline and do some troubleshooting. 

All phone forums have some users reporting problems after updates. I have had issues too, and I always want to get to the bottom of things. I like to determine on my own if my problem is correctable by me or not. I find that doing a reset and testing with no apps gives me that piece of mind. I can quickly determine if i can fix the issue, or if it something i have to wait to get from the manufacturer. 

I agree the update could be the cause of your issues, but it could be related to apps or configs on your phone. If that is the case, then there is nothing any manufacturer can change with an update and the best and fastest solution is a reset and test before installing/restoring any apps. 

Excuse my ignorance! Where do I put my info? I can't find where to put  it on my profile! 

zimbaxxx
Punch Card
Views: 414
Message 45 of 69

I couldnt find anywhere on the profile page either. I uploaded a screenshot. I feel the moderators are not taking an interest. These stories of uploading videos and nonsense. MOTOROLA.. get your problem fixed.
Charleneaj
What's DOS?
Views: 408
Message 46 of 69

Is there any way of restoring my phone to its previous OS?

RS468
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 47 of 69

I was having this crashing problem - and it seemed to be getting worse.

I deleted all the apps I no longer used and then went through all the remaining apps clearing out the cache. It's a slow process depending on the number of apps - but since then, 24 hours, my Moto G6 Plus has been stable. 

I also enabled two features in the Developer Options. 'Always show crash dialog' and 'Show background ANRs'. It identified an app that was crashing in the background. I've now uninstalled that specific app.

But the phone has lasted longer than it's done since I upgraded to Android 9

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been down this road.

Elving
Fanfold Paper
Views: 403
Message 48 of 69

Re: Moto G6 Plus android 9 randomly reboots

Dear Motorola 

We will soon need a solution why moto6 plus freezes and restarts several times a day, after the update to Andriod 9.0.
Have talked to the Danish dealer of the phone and they also do not know what to do.

Unfortunately, as it is right now, the phone is useless.

I have created some bugreports if they can be used.

Regards 

Jesper 

RS468
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 49 of 69

It's now 4 days of normal use without crashing. I'm hoping that this has solved the problem. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 344
Message 50 of 69

@RS468 wrote:

I was having this crashing problem - and it seemed to be getting worse.

I deleted all the apps I no longer used and then went through all the remaining apps clearing out the cache. It's a slow process depending on the number of apps - but since then, 24 hours, my Moto G6 Plus has been stable. 

I also enabled two features in the Developer Options. 'Always show crash dialog' and 'Show background ANRs'. It identified an app that was crashing in the background. I've now uninstalled that specific app.

But the phone has lasted longer than it's done since I upgraded to Android 9

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been down this road.

Yes, when instability issues exist after a major update, I recommend a factory reset and run without installing any apps and without a restore from backup - test like that for a few days and then add apps back. 

In place upgrades don't always play nice with existing apps and configurations. This is true with Mac, Windows and Linux as well, so many of us that are IT roles for a living either avoid in place upgrades, or if we do them, are ready to wipe and setup from scratch if any problems appear. 

I can Factory reset and manually install my apps and configs in a couple hours. This is generally faster then trying to remove/delete apps or configs and test after each. It also gives me a 100% clean baseline for comparison of battery life too. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors