Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xbromy
Serial Port
Views: 544
Message 51 of 74

Re: Moto G6 Plus android 9 randomly reboots

Hello,

My Moto 6 plus in germany is also affected? It's not 2 years on the road so how to deal with warranty?

It reboots 3-10 times a day randomly.

Regards,

Dirk

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 515
Message 52 of 74

@Elving wrote:

Dear Motorola 

We will soon need a solution why moto6 plus freezes and restarts several times a day, after the update to Andriod 9.0.
Have talked to the Danish dealer of the phone and they also do not know what to do.

Unfortunately, as it is right now, the phone is useless.

I have created some bugreports if they can be used.

Regards 

Jesper 

Hi Elving,

Sorry about the delay in response. Before you capture the Bug Report—please perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and observe? Let us know if this helps? If not, kindly share us the Bug Report for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 489
Message 53 of 74

@xbromy wrote:

Hello,

My Moto 6 plus in germany is also affected? It's not 2 years on the road so how to deal with warranty?

It reboots 3-10 times a day randomly.

Regards,

Dirk

Hi xbromy,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue you have been facing with your device. Could you confirm if you have tested in Safe Mode to see if it still reboots? Please test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

xbromy
Serial Port
Views: 468
Message 54 of 74

Hello Swaraj,

Thank you. Yes IMEI is set and you are allowed to check my apps.

I'll try to force in safe mode. But most of apps I need to work with are disabled then :-)

Regards,

xbromy

Elving
Fanfold Paper
Views: 406
Message 55 of 74

Re: Moto G6 Plus crashing after Pie Update

Problem Solved Smiley Happy

I spoke with the Danish seller and they sent it in for repair. 14 days later and a new motherboard and battery fix the problem.

Everything seems to work now.

WhyPie9
What's DOS?
Views: 439
Message 56 of 74

Moto g6 plus crashing after pie 9 (shocking I know)

Hi,

My moto g6 plus is not even a year old, working perfectly fine until the dread pie 9 update.

I just want to reiterate how much of just the absolute p... take how badly pie 9 has wrecked my phone. Like seriously. £300 phone not even a year old working perfectly fine, I even put off the Pie (sigh) update for a week because I busy using my phone. But finally decided,  I mean what's the worse that can happen if I get an update that almost every other android phone will have/get.

Well it couldn't really be worse. 

First noticed the crashing playing a casual PUBG game, always worked fine blahblah. Crash, no worries maybe overheated? Strain on wifi, whatever.

But no, the crashing is incessant. Any game, app, even if someone RINGS ME it can crash.

Safe made still crashing.

Full restore via developers menu, still crashing.

Phone just sitting there doing nothing crashes.

It's not even just the crashing, apps randomly close, most notably any internet browsers, bluetooth doesn't like connecting

Honestly this is just unbelievably disheartening how a FORCED update will render my phone borderline useless. I mean it can crash when someone rings me....fffsssss

And these is NO option of clearing cache on the developers menu?? Even if that wouldn't fix this problem, how is there not even an option??

Been checking these forums for the past month and I know there's no resolve. But whatever I need to vent. 

Always been android, last phone was a motorola. But nah if there's not even a **bleep** sign of Motorola/Lenovo even acknowledging this? 

Has ANYONE had any resolve?

Has ANYONE taken it in for repairs? Any luck?

Are there any other forums/support places I can vent, maybe find some resolve? Spam the Motorola/Lenovo twitter/facebook?

Thanks for reading my post.

xbromy
Serial Port
Views: 364
Message 57 of 74

Hello @

RS468
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 58 of 74

Re: Phone crashing after Pie Update

I suspect that Google did this on purpose to p**s off Chinese manufacturers - and undocumented feature like Microsoft used to use. Anyway - I'm done with the Moto G6 Plus. It's clear Lenovo can't fix it and I'm not wasting my time doing a factory reset and reinstalling everything only to find it still doesn't work. Off to buy a Samsung... Bye
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 295
Message 59 of 74

@RS468 wrote:
I suspect that Google did this on purpose to p**s off Chinese manufacturers - and undocumented feature like Microsoft used to use. Anyway - I'm done with the Moto G6 Plus. It's clear Lenovo can't fix it and I'm not wasting my time doing a factory reset and reinstalling everything only to find it still doesn't work. Off to buy a Samsung... Bye

If you do a reset and test before installing apps. and all is fine, then the problem occurs after installing apps, it is an app. Cheaper then a new phone, at least for me. 

Samsung will offer the same troubleshooting procedures, and make the same statements regarding a reset. BTW, there are plenty of threads out there with titles that include the words "samsung + pie + crash + update" - but good luck with your Samsung purchase. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
RS468
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 60 of 74

If Lenovo allowed a factory reset to Android 8 - I'd do it and disable all updates to new versions - like I do with Microsoft Windows (after many years of crap from Bill Gates). Unfortunately, not being able to go back is an issue. I've taken one last step and removed the MicroSD card. If it lasts 24 hours then fine OTW I'll buy a Samsung and disable all Android updates. Maybe Lenovo and Huawei should get together and produce a decent OS.
Top Kudoed Authors