cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacko11
Paper Tape
Views: 774
Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 Plus , no direction Gyroscope shown in google maps.

Hi,

As per title there is no direction Gyroscope triangle shown in google maps, it did flash up on the screen very briefly, but then went away never to be seen again. Downloaded an app to test the Gyroscope and the app indicates the Gyroscope is present and working - any advice please?

Jacko11
Paper Tape
Views: 731
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Plus , no direction Gyroscope shown in google maps.

I've found my own answer , so for anyone else thats wondering the UK spec G6 Play does not have a magnetometer sensor !!! really I cant belive that a phone this new has been made without such a basic and essential sensor included - Phone will be returned for a refund!

neilmcl67
Punch Card
Views: 724
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Plus , no direction Gyroscope shown in google maps.

@Jacko11 wrote:

I've found my own answer , so for anyone else thats wondering the UK spec G6 Play does not have a magnetometer sensor !!! really I cant belive that a phone this new has been made without such a basic and essential sensor included - Phone will be returned for a refund!

So you have the Play, not the G6 Plus as in your thread title. To get the price down they have to cut costs in certain areas, although not ideal I'd reather they remove this sensor than anythingh more essential.

Top Kudoed Authors