Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabriel_p
Fanfold Paper
Views: 752
Message 1 of 5

Moto G6 Plus shuts down after ~1hr of inactivity

I bought my Moto G6 Plus the first days of May, 2018. It has been working with no issues until a couple of days ago when it started shutting down on its own.

It is not a random shutdown like this question, it happens when the phone has been inactive (ie, whit the screen off and no incoming activity like WP messages) for a little more than one hour. I've checked it several times already, both in regular and in safe mode. It does not shut down before one hour, it only does so a little over the 1hr mark.

Given that I've tried the safe mode already which discards app issues, I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I contact the guaranty already?

The IMEI for the activ SIM (I have two but one is turned off) is in my profile.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 714
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G6 Plus shuts down after ~1hr of inactivity

Hello Gabriel_p,

Thank you for reporting this, we want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Gabriel_p
Fanfold Paper
Views: 703
Message 3 of 5

Hello Swaraj.

The IMEI is already in my profile. The bug report was sent after the phone shut itself down after about 1hr of being idle in safe mode. When I tried to unlock it (using my fingerprint) it flickered for a split second (I could see the screen) and then it was off. I generated the bug report right after I turned on the phone again.

The local time was approx 12:30 PM.

BTW: 'Developer options' is not available by default, it has to be enabled first.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 686
Message 4 of 5

@Gabriel_p wrote:

Hello Swaraj.

The IMEI is already in my profile. The bug report was sent after the phone shut itself down after about 1hr of being idle in safe mode. When I tried to unlock it (using my fingerprint) it flickered for a split second (I could see the screen) and then it was off. I generated the bug report right after I turned on the phone again.

BTW: 'Developer options' is not available by default, it has to be enabled first.

Great, thanks!

Thank you for sharing us the bug report, we have shared your reports with our engineer team for further investigation. We will keep you posted if we need more information.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 672
Message 5 of 5

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Gabriel_p wrote:

Hello Swaraj.

Great, thanks!

Thank you for sharing us the bug report, we have shared your reports with our engineer team for further investigation. We will keep you posted if we need more information.

Update: 

As per the updates, it looks like a hardware related issue. The next step would be service/exchange/replacement. 

Thanks,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors