Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,399
Message 1 of 9

Moto G6 Poor phone signal

I just purchased a Moto G6 through Amazon and it has very poor phone signal compared to my G4.  All the settings have verified with PureTalk but the signal is very poor.  This is really disappointing after all I have read about how improved the G6 is!

I have updated my profile with the G6 information.

Totoy_mola
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,132
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G6 Poor phone signal

G6 play is one good looking phone from the outside. 

I think the design is flawed from the inside. Cellular antenna seems to be located at the bottom .

Can all of you try holding the phone on both upper corner and clear the bottom part off your fingers and hand, my G6 play seems to connect flawlessly on lte when held that way.

But if any of my fingers or hand is covering the bottom part. Data connection sometimes fail. 

Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,120
Message 3 of 9

I never thought of holding the phone upside down.  I returned it and got a replacement from Amazon.  The received signal on the 1st one was so weak I could not complete a call even on my front porch.  The replacement phone get a much higher signal and functions fine.

Obviously my 1st G6 was defective.

mehkamel99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,567
Message 4 of 9

I have the same issue, poor signal on MOTO G6.  I have replaced it already with MOTO warranty yet the issue is still existing.  I think it is a design flaw, or poor radio parts under the hood.   No software patch will be able to fix this.   Unfortunately this completely changes my opinions on Lenovo as a company, and I will be extremely mindful on any future purchases.  Here is a video showing a much older phone with full steady signal vs MOTO g6 poor/fluctuating signal on the same exact carrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGAaO3gjDuI

Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,552
Message 5 of 9

The 2nd phone I got from Amazon has been working fine and I have not experienced any problems with it.

Nomar1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,300
Message 6 of 9

HI Sir Grey,

Im waiting for a replacement too. hopefully I get lucky like you with the second phone.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,088
Message 7 of 9

@Nomar1 wrote:
HI Sir Grey,

Im waiting for a replacement too. hopefully I get lucky like you with the second phone.

Hi Nomar1,

Thank you for posting, sorry to know you are having Network Issue on your device. May I know if you have already processed your device for replacement? If not, could you help us understand more about the Network trouble you have been facing? Is this affecting your call quality? Does this happen in all the locations you have visited? What Carriers you are on?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

PGER
What's DOS?
Views: 856
Message 8 of 9

We have had the same problem with the reception on these phones.  My husband and I both got these phones at the same time on the Verizon payment plan.  We had horrible reception everywhere we took them.  My husband could not hear my call when I called him from 6 houses away.  We took them back to Verizon, but because we tried too long to get them to work, we were outside the 14 day window to return them.  When we asked if there was a solution to the problem, we were told "it just may be the phones", and a new sim card would not help.    We ended up getting new batteries for our old phones and going back to using them.  We are now paying for phones we can't use.  We can't afford to buy new phones again until these are paid off.  We are so disappointed and frustrated.  Does anyone know of a "fix" for this situation?

Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 662
Message 9 of 9

Don't settle for the response you got from the sales people.  If you have to, contact Verizon corporate office about the problem.  You can also check with Motorola about your problem.

If you complain and raise hell, you will eventually get some attention and help with your problem.

The squeeking wheel gets oiled!!

Top Kudoed Authors