Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DrJosh999
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 Unable to Turn On

My Moto G6 isn't turning on. The only sign of life is a flashing white light next to the front facing camera whenever it is plugged in. I've left it charging ever since it shut down.

Background: I was using it to view pictures I took, when it all of a sudden froze. There was a loading circle still doing its thing, but everything else was unresponsive. I tried holding the power button down to perform a hard reset, but nothing happened. After a few more attempts at a hard reset, the screen turned off. That was the last time the screen was on. I thought I had shut it down, so I tried holding the power button to turn it back on, but nothing happened. I tried looking online for a solution, and someone told me to hold the power and volume down for 2 minutes. I tried that procedure, yet nothing happened. Then I tried plugging it in, and that's when I first noticed the flashing white light.

Question: My main question is what is wrong and is there anything I can do about this? Is there a way to turn it back on?

If not, can I recover my data? So I was able to recover the SD card but one of my other questions is if there is any way to recover the app data on my phone.

Finally, through what I've gathered, I hear the white light means that the battery is extremely low. However, I do recall it being at 84% a few minutes before the shutdown occured. I think my battery may be faulty, but I wanted to see if I could get any help from the fourms.

If you need me to clarify anything, feel free to ask.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 167
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 Unable to Turn On

Hi DrJosh999,

Thank you for posting here, sorry to hear about the ongoing issue. It looks like the Battery issue to me, however, would recommend you to plug your device to the charging source for overnight and observe if that helps.

For your other questions regarding app data recovery— you can only recover the App data if you have already synced the App data's to cloud earlier.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

DrJosh999
Paper Tape
Views: 122
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your quick reply, but as of this morning after charging it overnight with the original block and cable from the box, the phone only has that flashing white light after I hold the power button for around 20-25 seconds. As of this point, I'm thinking of getting a battery replacement done, as it would be the only way to recover the local data on the phone, correct? Does the warrenty get voided if a third party repairs my phone? I wouldn't mind getting back essential data at the cost of the warrenty. Also can you tell me more about what the white flashing light indicates? Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 94
Message 4 of 6

@DrJosh999 wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply, but as of this morning after charging it overnight with the original block and cable from the box, the phone only has that flashing white light after I hold the power button for around 20-25 seconds. As of this point, I'm thinking of getting a battery replacement done, as it would be the only way to recover the local data on the phone, correct? Does the warrenty get voided if a third party repairs my phone? I wouldn't mind getting back essential data at the cost of the warrenty. Also can you tell me more about what the white flashing light indicates? Thanks!

Hi DrJosh999,

Thanks for writing us back, appreciate your efforts. At this point, the best option would be to have your device sent for Repair/Service so they can diagnose your device Battery and help you accordingly. Yes, having your device repaired with third-party Centers will void your device Warranty.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

DrJosh999
Paper Tape
Views: 85
Message 5 of 6

Thank you once again for your quick response. This brings up two final questions. If I do have it sent in to get the battery replaced and only the battery, will the local data on the phone be preserved? Finally, if I send it to a Motorola Repair Center, will they void my warrenty when they diagnose my device?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10
Message 6 of 6

@DrJosh999 wrote:

Thank you once again for your quick response. This brings up two final questions. If I do have it sent in to get the battery replaced and only the battery, will the local data on the phone be preserved? Finally, if I send it to a Motorola Repair Center, will they void my warrenty when they diagnose my device?

Hi DrJosh999,

Sorry about the delay, regarding your first question—it is always great to take a Backup of your Device Data to prevent any Data loss. As it is possible that the Repair Center would want your device get flashed to start fresh and diagnose further. For your other questions, that will not void your device warranty, as it would remain for 12 months from the date of purchase. 

Hope this clarifies!

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors