Message 1 of 5

Moto G6 Wi-Fi automatically turning on

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 382
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G6 Wi-Fi automatically turning on

Hi jdbraswell,

Thanks for the post. Can you please elaborate your post? Are you looking for that specific setting? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Donna_N
Paper Tape
Views: 320
Message 3 of 5

I’m having the same problem.  I updated to pie and now the wifi comes on by itself. I have the following things turned to off: wifi preferences - turn on wifi automatically - off,  open network notification - off, network rating - none, passpoint - off, wifi scanning - off.   Tried forgetting networks.  It still keeps turning on.  How do I keep wifi off?

Donna_N
Paper Tape
Views: 311
Message 4 of 5

I was really looking for whch app is turning on my wifi.

Found this on Android Central.

Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications

At the very bottom, expand Advanced

Then at the very bottom, expand "Special App access"

There's a section called "Wifi Control"

In there, go to each app and de-activate Wifi control.

I think I found the app. Tracfone put Wifi Utility on the phone. I have turned that off now. I’m surprised at the amount of apps that want to also turn on wifi.  I turned them off too.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 215
Message 5 of 5

Hi Donna_N,

Thanks for sharing what solves the auto WiFi on. Glad you've found this Setting.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors