Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric1013
Paper Tape
Views: 10,464
Message 1 of 108

Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

On my new Moto G6, the wifi continuously disconnects and reconnects to wifi.  The router is model RAC2V1K supplied by the service provider, Charter.   Other devices attached to same wifi router do not have this problem.  

I have tried:

rebooting the router

turning the phone off and on again

turned off wifi scanning

Ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Eric

HelloMoto99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,342
Message 2 of 108

Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

I reported the same issue here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Moto-G6-Plus-WiFi-and-Microphone-issues/m-...

Motorola aren't interested in fixing it. 

Very bad. 

nicnic94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,328
Message 3 of 108

Yes happen to me sometime too. At home it's good but at work sometime not. Keep disconnect and reconnect.
Eric1013
Paper Tape
Views: 10,326
Message 4 of 108

Interesting....
I like the phone so far, but if that continues it's a showstopper for me. I've got another 25 days to return and change phones if I need to...
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10,322
Message 5 of 108

Hi guys,

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10,318
Message 6 of 108

Is it fully dropping the wifi connection? If you are streaming, does it fully stop? Or is it just a visual thing that notifies you it's lost connection but you are still able to browse or connected to the net?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Highlighted
jeremysl98
Punch Card
Views: 10,313
Message 7 of 108

Return it ASAP if you still can. Motorola won't be fixing it. Same issue as the G5 that never got fixed:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Moto-G5-Plus-wifi-problem/td-p/3618235/page/56

Eric1013
Paper Tape
Views: 10,309
Message 8 of 108

To respond to both questions:

IMEI is (removed)

the disconnect seems to be real as it will drop the connection to a website and then it will connect when it re-connects

Edited for Privacy: I have updated your Forums profile with the phone's IMEI number. -JM

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 10,278
Message 9 of 108

@HelloMoto99 wrote:

I reported the same issue here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Moto-G6-Plus-WiFi-and-Microphone-issues/m-...

Motorola aren't interested in fixing it. 

Very bad. 

Not sure why you are saying this. We are extremely interested in this. Did you maybe miss our response on the 21st? Seems like you didn't reply. 

We are investigating and will be asking for additional information from anyone having wifi issues. 

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
HelloMoto99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,273
Message 10 of 108

Wrote:

Not sure why you are saying this. We are extremely interested in this. Did you maybe miss our response on the 21st? Seems like you didn't reply. 

We are investigating and will be asking for additional information from anyone having wifi issues. 

Thanks,

- Matt

I replied to my thread on 5/29/2018.

I'm awaiting a solution. But I doubt you can provide one because an issue like this is most likely a hardware problem.

Top Kudoed Authors