Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junk98258
Not applicable
Views: 1,181
Message 121 of 132

Re: Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Kudos isn't responding but G6 wi-fi doesn't either, wanted to say thanks for your post. G6 is frustrating BEYOND!!!!!

Highlighted
Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Views: 1,166
Message 122 of 132

Hi All,

Sorry about the ongoing issue that you have been facing in regards to the WiFi disconnect. I would like to escalate this again with our team. 

If you have not done already, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Further we need Bug Reports to analyse specific device issue and assist accordingly. We woud like request user to share us follwing information:

• Make sure your device is updated to the latest version available. Share us the build number?
  • Make sure we have tested alredy by reseting the router and device > start the connection fresh > observed and let us know?
  • Tested the device in Safe Mode?
  • Tried to remove and reconnect to the network. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi >Touch the "network name" > Forget > Attempt to reconnect to the network.
  • Let us know when do you face this issue in genral? Are you able to replicate? How frequent do you notice this? Have you tested with other device connected to same WiFi to see if that makes any difference?
  • Share us the router make and model/steps you have tried so far/apps that are affected. This will help us investigate further.

How to capture Bug Report?

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Do let us know if you have any questions? I am marking this as solved so it will be easier to locate?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

jotom
Not applicable
Views: 1,123
Message 123 of 132

@Agent_Swaraj

I am marking this as solved so it will be easier to locate?

Why would you mark an unsolved issue as solved? I honestly think that this primarily does not make your post "easier to locate", but instead it suggests that this issue would have been solved - which it is definitely not.

Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Views: 1,038
Message 124 of 132

@jotom wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj

I am marking this as solved so it will be easier to locate?

Why would you mark an unsolved issue as solved? I honestly think that this primarily does not make your post "easier to locate", but instead it suggests that this issue would have been solved - which it is definitely not.

I understand! But this helps to locate the post—so we can have complete information if the issue still persists. This will help our team to investigate further for assistance.

-Swaraj

bigdogmitch
Not applicable
Views: 1,025
Message 125 of 132

Same problem here.  New phone.  Updated.  Broken ever since.  It was a very nice phone until, virtually everything stopped working.  I live in a rural area, no cellular coverage at the house.  I have to depend on wifi.  Needless to say the phone is useless.  I sure wish I could get my money back.

Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Views: 984
Message 126 of 132

@bigdogmitch wrote:

Same problem here.  New phone.  Updated.  Broken ever since.  It was a very nice phone until, virtually everything stopped working.  I live in a rural area, no cellular coverage at the house.  I have to depend on wifi.  Needless to say the phone is useless.  I sure wish I could get my money back.

Sorry to learn about this. We would like to help, may I know if you have already tried all the steps here. If not, please check and let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Hb9
Not applicable
Views: 757
Message 127 of 132

Hello,

My Moto G6 is not connecting at all to any Wi-Fi.

Build number: OPSS27.104-92-42, no longer will update.

I have reset router and deviceThe device has been tested in safe mode.

Tried to reconnect, didn't work.

I am unaware of the router model, other than it is a Netgear.

Bug Report

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jTlEg8ilRtGtDhbxl_Kg77pTTJh_m38N

Agent_Swaraj
Not applicable
Views: 676
Message 128 of 132

@Hb9 wrote:

Hello,

My Moto G6 is not connecting at all to any Wi-Fi.

Build number: OPSS27.104-92-42, no longer will update.

I have reset router and deviceThe device has been tested in safe mode.

Tried to reconnect, didn't work.

I am unaware of the router model, other than it is a Netgear.

Bug Report

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jTlEg8ilRtGtDhbxl_Kg77pTTJh_m38N

Hi Hb9,

Thank you for reporting and sharing us the Bug Report—could you confirm if you have enabled WiFi verbose before capturing the Bug Report. If not, please follow the below steps and share us another Bug Report.

Also, let us know the other make and models of the router you have tested with. This will help us investigate further.

Here is how to capture the Bug Report with WiFi verbose enabled;

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Do let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Deep100619
Not applicable
Views: 554
Message 129 of 132

What steps did you follow to assign static IP?
Deep100619
Not applicable
Views: 554
Message 130 of 132

Hi, could you please give me steps to assign static IP to my phone
Top Kudoed Authors