Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 948
Message 51 of 132

Re: Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

@jeremysl98 wrote:

It just dawned on me that it's been a few days since I felt the need to toss my phone into a wall. I've been running some speed tests and my G6's wifi appears to be functioning well. There was a system security update that I finally installed a few days ago after putting it off for a couple of weeks. I'm not entirely sure when it started working, but it seems to correspond with that update. No changes have been made to the router or wireless access point. Not even a reboot. The only thing that has changed is my phone. Fingers crossed that it is finally fixed!.

Great! Glad to see the progress. Smiley Happy

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 944
Message 52 of 132

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi Alphawave0181,

Sorry to jump in late on this. Thank you @fdindar for trying to help. @Alphawave0181 -- are you still facing this issue? As we do not feel this is device issue rather it could be the router. We would want to know if you have tested with a different router. If yes, how did it go? Let us know your feedback.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

My issue was only at a holiday resort.

After coming home there are no problem with Bell Fibe internet.

I have not tried it another place.

Farouk

Alphawave0181
What's DOS?
Views: 937
Message 53 of 132

Just got a brand new Asus router and same issue, no problems with my partner's phone on this network. I'm about to move to a new ISP so will let you know if the problem persists then as well. 

ferdanny
Punch Card
Views: 901
Message 54 of 132

Hi, 

I bought three Moto G6 phones, all of them with the same problem. I had followed all the discussions and tips in this forum and unfortunately, nothing works. All of the phones regularly disconnect and reconnect to any wifi network I join. My last hope was the last update, which I installed this week, and the issue remains. My older Moto G5 and Nexus 5X have no problems with the networks, neither the phones of friends logging into my wifi. 

I this issue is not being addressed by Motorola since May, I have no hope it will be addressed at all. I am returning two the phones today before it is too late. See picture enclosed with the respective serial numbers. 

The third will become part my hardware graveyard. Will continue checking this forum, I am curious to see if ever this will be addressed. 

Can't believe I will end up buying  Samsungs.  
Very Disappointed, Moto 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 887
Message 55 of 132

@ferdanny wrote:

Hi, 

I bought three Moto G6 phones, all of them with the same problem. I had followed all the discussions and tips in this forum and unfortunately, nothing works. All of the phones regularly disconnect and reconnect to any wifi network I join. My last hope was the last update, which I installed this week, and the issue remains. My older Moto G5 and Nexus 5X have no problems with the networks, neither the phones of friends logging into my wifi. 

I this issue is not being addressed by Motorola since May, I have no hope it will be addressed at all. I am returning two the phones today before it is too late. See picture enclosed with the respective serial numbers. 

The third will become part my hardware graveyard. Will continue checking this forum, I am curious to see if ever this will be addressed. 

Can't believe I will end up buying  Samsungs.  
Very Disappointed, Moto 

Hi ferdanny,

Sorry to hear about this, thank you for sharing with us the IMEI. We would like to help. Just to narrow down; 

• May I know how frequently do you see this?
  • Could you help us with a small video showing both of your devices-- for the one which is working fine and the one which has wifi fluctuation? 
  • May I know if we have tried performing 'Reset app preferences" -- to do so, go to settings > network & Internet > three dots > reset app preferences and observe.
  • Please make sure to remove any saved network and try again?
  • Please test the same in safe mode and let us know if you are able to replicate the same. If yes, then we might need log files and bug report.

If you still think this is an issue, then the next option would be getting it exchanged/replacement. 

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

ferdanny
Punch Card
Views: 877
Message 56 of 132

Thank you Swaraj, 

Indeed, really sad. 

Here is a video capture. The device disconnects and reconnects from/to the WiFi 2-3 times per minute. The same behaviour happens in safe mode and in any wifi I connect to. All three devices I bought have exactly the same behaviour. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FbROwdoJC-_5MTLXgpLylOPP1Mm_yMK1

I had to return two of the three units, since my parents needed something that works fast. I still keep the third one, but looking at other responses in this forum, I do not see why other units would do better. The behaviour is too consistent to await something different. 

let me know how else I can help to find a fix for this. 

Regards, 

Ferdanny

ferdanny
Punch Card
Views: 870
Message 57 of 132

See my comment in the next post
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 844
Message 58 of 132

@ferdanny  Thank you for providing video, we want to look further into this and share your feedback with our engineer team to further investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

motouserG6
What's DOS?
Views: 798
Message 59 of 132

Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

I am experiencing the same problem.  I just got the phone last week.  As of right now it is a disaster.  I just sent my LG back thinking I was upgrading.  Many are experiencing this issue with the Wifi dropping and reconnecting  but it seems not everyone is.  Could it be a configuration problem or possibly a manufacturing problem?

ferdanny
Punch Card
Views: 772
Message 60 of 132

Here the Bug Report as requested

bugreport-ali_n-OPS27.82-87-2018-09-22-11-52-05

Top Kudoed Authors