Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 741
Message 91 of 101

Re: G6 updated to android 8.0.0, cannot maintain connection to wifi at home

Hi All, 

Thank you for your feedback, could you please confirm if you have received any recent update on your device? If yes, and if you are still having trouble with WiFi, please update your profile and share us another Bug Report so we can have your reports shared to our engineer team for further investigation.

You can also send Bug Report via Private Message. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Ford_Prefect
Paper Tape
Views: 679
Message 92 of 101

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi All, 

Thank you for your feedback, could you please confirm if you have received any recent update on your device? If yes, and if you are still having trouble with WiFi, please update your profile and share us another Bug Report so we can have your reports shared to our engineer team for further investigation.

You can also send Bug Report via Private Message. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Which update are we looking for? Most will not notice an update, my wife certainly won't on her phone, so if you tell us what to look for we can report. We are all over the world, I imagine updates may be realeased at different times?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 648
Message 93 of 101

Which update are we looking for? Most will not notice an update, my wife certainly won't on her phone, so if you tell us what to look for we can report. We are all over the world, I imagine updates may be realeased at different times?

Hi Ford_Prefect,

Thanks for reverting, are you having issue with WiFi connection? If yes, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone or you can share us the IMEI number and build number via Private Message for us to take a look.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Swaraj

Harvestmoon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 588
Message 94 of 101

Moto G wifi connects and disconnects constantly

Hi,

After having my Moto G6 for two months (got it mid October 2018), the Wifi connection began to disconnect and reconnect fairly constantly, several times within a minute. 

I noticed this problem when I was casting onto my smart TV last week (December 17th or 18th, 2018). 

After reading several posts on this forum, I have tried many things: reset the wifi router, reset the wifi networks, rebooted in Safe Mode to check for possible app issues (wifi continued to cut in and out while in safe mode) and restarted the phone.

So, I have taken a bug report and updated my profile to include phone serial number, network info, etc., all at the request of formum administrators in other threads. 

Here is the link to my bug report. Hopefully this will help in diagnosing and resolving the issue. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F8N1eC68VdIJDBCJiPAcIrzoDVdXfsYt/view?usp=drivesdk

Please advise on whatever else I need to do. At first, I didn't think this was an issue, but I find that is not the case as I have certain apps set to only update using Wifi. Also, makes casting to my TV choppy by constantly starting and stopping. 

I also want to note that my other devices maintain a stable wifi connection--my Asus laptop and my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. 

Best always, 

Denise

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 547
Message 95 of 101

Re: Moto G wifi connects and disconnects constantly

Hi Harvestmoon,

Thanks for posting here and updating your profile with IMEI number along with sharing us the Bug Report. Just to confirm did you take the Bug Report by enabling WiFi Verbose? However, sorry to know that you are having the issue with WiFi fluctuation. As you mentioned, this recently started a week back—just to narrow down, did you make any changes on your device or router which could cause the fluctuation?

• Did you contact your Network provider?
  • Does this only happen while Casting the device?

In the meantime, let me have your reports shared with our engineer team for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Steve0162
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 96 of 101

Re: Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Hi I've just got my moto g6 play but the wifi keeps saying " disabled " & I'm barely ever connecting , we have a virgin hub 3 with fibre optic broadband of 200mb speeds my partners phone & samsung tablet ,tv , & amazon fire stick all connect fine but this phone is verging on useless I'm not very techno minded but my partner has tried the wifi reset & a static ip address neither have worked does this phone need to be returned? Any help would be appreciated 

Zyzzybalubah
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 97 of 101

I've been having this issue since I got my Moto G6 last month. No other devices have issues connecting and staying connected. I've tried everything in this thread, and nothing is working. Giving my phone a static IP seemed to work for about 18 hours, but now it keeps disconnecting constantly. This happens no matter what wifi network I attempt to connect to. It happens at my house, at work, at restaurants, at my friends' houses, literally all the time.

christa1
What's DOS?
Views: 278
Message 98 of 101

I had this issue since purchasing my Moto G6 several months ago.  I had no wifi problems at work, just at home.  I tried every fix I found online and nothing helped.  I had seen posts about Netgear routers causing this, and as a last ditch attempt, I replaced my old Netgear CG3000D modem/router combo with an Arris SBG6900.  I have not had a single dropped connection since, and I can now use my phone to access the internet at home.  This has reduced my frustration so much that I felt I had to share.  I hope this helps decrease someone else's stress level.  I hadn't realized that I had pretty much stopped using the internet at home since I knew I would have to use my laptop until I could once again use my phone freely.

ToddyG
Blue Screen Again
Views: 125
Message 99 of 101

Well, round 3.  After 2 solid months of not having any issues with my Moto G6 on home wifi I came home from work to find it disconnecting and reconnecting again.

Wife mentioned the internet had gone out earlier in the day and she had unplugged both modem and router, let sit for about a half hour, then plugged both back in.  No other devices in the house were having internet disconnection problems.

I checked all router setting and nothing had changed, not even the "Password Retention Interval" which is what I had concluded fixed it for me in my Dec post.

What has "worked" for me now is to disable IPv6 on the router.  This problem is ridiculous.  Can't wait to get a new phone.

Just noting - I had tried a bunch of other things again and was having zero success:

- Reset network settings on phone

- Cleared phone cache

- Unpluged and plugged in modem and router

- Setup a static IP for my MotoG6 on the router and then connected to wireless network from phone specifying Static (Note:  On the router kept DHCP on but change starting IP for DHCP from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100.  Added MAC address for my MotoG6 and put in IP address 192.168.1.80.  Didn't fix disconnection issue.  Watched IP address on phone live and it would just flip back and forth from public to private IP address. But I believe I set this up correctly as I was able to veriify that each time it connected back to private it was 192.168.1.80.)

Again, thanks all for posting your issues as the IPv6 idea was one I found on here.

AuatinC
What's DOS?
Views: 67
Message 100 of 101

Re: Moto G wifi connects and disconnects constantly

So, is there a way to return the product?

Mine has been having this issue for the last 5 months and I have tried everything and don't wanna try anything more.

How do I return it?

Top Kudoed Authors