Re: Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Yesterday afternoon, I uninstalled every non-stock app except:

• Firefox
  • Wunderlist
  • Fitbit
  • Republic Wireless
  • Republic Anywhere
  • Netflix

I still experienced the issue. I then uninstalled Firefox last night, and have not experienced the issue yet. It's way too early for that to be conclusive, but I'll report back soon.

john_chrysostom
Paper Tape
Views: 422
Message 112 of 126

Annnnnnnd, we're down to just Republic Wireless and Republic Anywhere. Still having the issue. I'll try to investigate with Republic. I doubt every other person in this thread was on the same carrier as me, though, so I have a hard time believing that's the issue.

It's possible/likely my conclusion that it had to be an app is incorrect.

Is this just a systematic issue with the Moto G series? With Moto's entire lineup?

Before this, I had a Moto X Pure and didn't have these issues, but that was an older phone. Has something gone wrong between then and now?

Junk98258
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 339
Message 113 of 126

Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Return it, haveine since came out and with top of line Arris modem & router. G6 won't stay connected my super old Droid & Samsung S9 not h have NO problems
Junk98258
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 338
Message 114 of 126

Ok I updated with my IMEI number you have my permission to look at any of my apps in the notes section I explained that I was completing your instructions on an old Droid phone because the G6 won't stay connected to Wi-Fi thank you for any of your help very appreciated

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 308
Message 115 of 126

@Junk98258 wrote:

Ok I updated with my IMEI number you have my permission to look at any of my apps in the notes section I explained that I was completing your instructions on an old Droid phone because the G6 won't stay connected to Wi-Fi thank you for any of your help very appreciated

Hi Junk98258,

Thanks for updating your profile. Could you perform a Network Reset on your device and let us know how it goes? You can also try to remove and reconnect to the network. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi >Touch the "network name" > Forget > Attempt to reconnect to the network. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Mascof
What's DOS?
Views: 263
Message 116 of 126

I had the same problem with connecting to router at home via WiFi. I resolved this issue by using a different connection method, by logging onto router via webpage and generating a number. Think it's pin push not sure without going into settings on my router. All I know the usual connect with password doesn't work for long for some reason.

Hope this helps

Jimisdad
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 117 of 126

This phone really is the worst thing ever for connecting to internet. I have had 3 different phones at the same house with the same Comcast service and this is the only device that I've had issues with. I honestly wish I was still in the timeframe to return this thing. I can literally be one room away from my router and it's constantly dropping the wifi signal. I'm sick of trying little tricks to make this phone work as it should just to be disappointed again. 

Masiosare
What's DOS?
Views: 202
Message 118 of 126

I keep getting the same problem wifi drops and reconnects, it is very annoying. I play a game on the phone and and I have to disconnect the wifi to play it because it drops me from the game all the time. Can anything be done? Help please 🙏

Masiosare
What's DOS?
Views: 161
Message 119 of 126

I've done a network reset and still the same thing. Help please.

Junk98258
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 77
Message 120 of 126

How come I can't give kudos to ALL these people who post how bad the G6 wi-fi connectivity is? Tap the kudos & nothing happens, oh yah I was probably disconnected from wi-fi **removed** G6

Edited: Post edited to comply with the Community Rules. Keep it clean and civil. Fair warning.

Top Kudoed Authors