Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,598
Message 11 of 102

Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Hi Eric1013nicnic94 and HelloMoto99,

We understand your sentiment. Every phone model is unique: hardware, software and all. This is the reason why we would like to get more information so we can investigate and pin down the root cause of this issue as quickly as possible. We will need your help on this.

Please tell us the make and model of your router, as well as the security protocol you use at home. We would also like to get logs with wifi verbose enabled. The steps are here:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Note: Please make sure that after you create the report, turn OFF developer options and stuff; otherwise it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logs being enabled in the background.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

molmedo1
Paper Tape
Views: 5,486
Message 12 of 102

Re: Moto G6 Plus - wifi problem

Have a g4 with this issue and now my G6. Some one please fix this.

Router is Buffalo WHR-G125 . I use WPA2 Personal security AES. Also using dd-wrt firmware. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kGcS04ZzzK1nL95Kq4TBRKDPzOu5WlGP.

Is this what you need to troubleshoot??
Thanks - Mario

Eric1013
Paper Tape
Views: 3,538
Message 13 of 102

I'm abandoning G6 and getting a different phone from my service provider, Verizon.  I am not willing to go through the complex procedure you mentioned in the previous post--a consumer should not have to go through all those steps.

I returned the first G6 that had this problem and got another one.  Exactly the same thing happens.  None of the other devices connected to my home wifi router do this.  I spoke to Verizon and their recommendation was to abandon G6 and get a different model phone--it doesn't pay to do this much troubleshooting on a brand new product.

smithwhite
What's DOS?
Views: 3,446
Message 14 of 102

I fixed this problem in my phone by changing the "Network rating provider" setting.

Wi-Fi preferences > Advanced > Network rating provider > [change to "None"]

This was after reading about A LOT of other people with the same problem. Thought I was going to have to send back my new phone, but no, this has fixed it.

[Note: I did this after trying a lot of the other things people have suggested, including turning off Wi-Fi scanning, resetting network settings, etc. None of these helped me, but it COULD be that it's actually some combination of one of these AND turning off "Network rating provider" that really did it. All I know is that I had the problem, then I changed the setting as above, and the problem hasn't appeared again.]

nicnic94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,440
Message 15 of 102

Thanks for tips.

I'll try tommorow at my work where wifi was problematic.

Eric1013
Paper Tape
Views: 3,431
Message 16 of 102

Thanks smithwhite, that sounds like a very straightforward, easy to implement solution.  

For me though, I already have given up on the G6 and went with the much more expensive Pixel 2.  If I still had the G6, I would definitely try your approach.

Its a shame the G6 didn't work out for me, I thought it was a great  value--but the wifi issue was a showstopper and I couldn't get to a solution before my 30 day return period with my service provider.  The Pixel 2 is great, but the G6 (except for the wifi issue) was almost as good for a much lower price.

nicnic94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,401
Message 17 of 102

Not really better with that setting for me.

At work there is multiple access points with same SSID and multiple and differents frequencies in 2.4 and 5 Ghz. May be the problem.

Don't have problem at home with an old internet box with only one frequencie in 2.4 Ghz.

stefandee
Paper Tape
Views: 3,391
Message 18 of 102

Amongst other issues, my phone is doing this to. My first month using this phone has led to my network data used almost at my monthly limit of 4gb! 

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Happyvikrant
Paper Tape
Views: 3,489
Message 19 of 102

Moto G6 WiFi and Microphone issues

I have just get my replacement Moto G6 and still same WiFi issue.Wifi connection is getting disconnected after sometime. I have tried to reset settings but still same.Mostly G6 having this problem..please investigate and fix the issue

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,455
Message 20 of 102

Re: Moto G6 WiFi and Microphone issues

@Happyvikrant wrote:

I have just get my replacement Moto G6 and still same WiFi issue.Wifi connection is getting disconnected after sometime. I have tried to reset settings but still same.Mostly G6 having this problem..please investigate and fix the issue

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav

Hello Vikrant,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue, we have seen few issues reported and we are looking to have more information for further investigation in regards, could you try the steps mentioned and let us know if that makes any difference.

• The wireless network may not be in range or has too of a weak signal to provide a successful connection. Check the signal bar to ensure you have a strong connection.
  • Re-enter the key on the phone to match the key configured on the router. Make sure that the encryption type and security settings match on the router and phone.
  • If WEP encryption is in use, check that the key configured on the router matches the key entered on the phone.
  • The wireless network you're attempting to connect to may be configured for static IP addresses only. Check with the system administrator for an IP address assignment.
  • Unplug the power from your router, turn the phone off. Plug back in your router first, then wait for 1 minute and then turn on your phone.
  • Check if you are able to connect your phone via Bluetooth. If also unable to connect via Bluetooth contact Motorola for repair options.

Could you also share us more information in regards to Microphone issue that you are referring? 

Meanwhile, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors