Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,951
Message 21 of 102

Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

@stefandee wrote:

Amongst other issues, my phone is doing this to. My first month using this phone has led to my network data used almost at my monthly limit of 4gb! 

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Hi stefandee,

Sorry to learn about that, may I know if it connects and disconnects automatically? From when have you noticed this issue? Does that affect your browsing or just network fluctuates? Are you able to replicate the same in safe mode? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Could you try these steps and share us your observation? Meanwhile please update your profile with IMEI number.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Happyvikrant
Paper Tape
Views: 2,088
Message 22 of 102

Re: Moto G6 WiFi and Microphone issues

Hi Mate,

I have tried with 3 different Wifi hotspot, with each i get can same issue, in between task or payment wifi disconnect. Please suggest, do i need to replace this one .Many reporting this issue, please release a software fix update or easy fix.

Thanks
Vikrant yadav

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,052
Message 23 of 102

@Happyvikrant wrote:
Hi Mate,

I have tried with 3 different Wifi hotspot, with each i get can same issue, in between task or payment wifi disconnect. Please suggest, do i need to replace this one .Many reporting this issue, please release a software fix update or easy fix.

Thanks
Vikrant yadav

Hi Happyvikrant,

We want to look further into this if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device along with make and model of the router-- this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

_Cash
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,881
Message 24 of 102

Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

While browsing the net etc, and during any time of the day, the Moto G6 continuously drops and reconnects to my wifi router (TPLink HW:WR702N  1.0 00000000 .......FW rev: 4.19.101 Build 160302 Rel.59339n)

This is extremely annoying, considering that my MotoG and Lenovo thinkpad work just fine with this router.

(I have updated the profile with the device info)

The bug reports are uploaded....let me know if you need more details within the next 4-5 days, I'll return the phone in teh absence of a fix by then.

The reports were captured at about 20:30 (Indian Std Time on the 8th of July 2018)

Bug Report 1

Bug Report 2

_Cash
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,872
Message 25 of 102

Have added the details you requested....any updates on the issue?
marale1313
What's DOS?
Views: 1,849
Message 26 of 102

I was trying to fix the problem . As everybody

I disable wifi scaning and same problem

Then I realise , the time/date in my phone was wrong . 

So I go to settings and enable Automatic TIME/DATE from the net

And it fix my wifi problem .

( I turned off ,  and the problem came again )

Please let me know if it works for you 

regards

_Cash
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,834
Message 27 of 102

Sorry, but the following are already enabled for my Time and Date settings

"Automatic date & Time"

"Automatic Time Zone"

Does not appear to help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,814
Message 28 of 102

@_Cash wrote:

Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

While browsing the net etc, and during any time of the day, the Moto G6 continuously drops and reconnects to my wifi router (TPLink HW:WR702N  1.0 00000000 .......FW rev: 4.19.101 Build 160302 Rel.59339n)

This is extremely annoying, considering that my MotoG and Lenovo thinkpad work just fine with this router.

(I have updated the profile with the device info)

The bug reports are uploaded....let me know if you need more details within the next 4-5 days, I'll return the phone in teh absence of a fix by then.

The reports were captured at about 20:30 (Indian Std Time on the 8th of July 2018)

Bug Report 1

Bug Report 2

Hi _Cash,

Thank you for reporting us and updating your profile. We have your device Bug report and the same has been shared with our engineer team for further investigation. Could you confirm if you have captured the bug report by enabling the wifi - verbose? If not, could you re-capture and share with us again? 

Just to narrow down, I understand that you have other devices connected, but just wanted to confirm if you have tested with a different router? If not could you share us your observation? May I also know if you can replicate this in safe mode? and it would be great if you can share us a video showing the connects and the disconnects? 

Will we keep you posted once we have an update? Let me know if you have any question?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

_Cash
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,778
Message 29 of 102

You can find the video of the issue here. Look for the cash's n/w 2.

I checked by enabling the hotspot on my moto G and using my moto G6 to connect to it, there was no network disconnect for more than 2 minutes...

This issue also happens in safe mode.

I followed the process outlined earlier by you in the thread to get the logs, so the wireless verbose must have been on, however have taken another set of logs with this issue.

The folder with all these logs are shared here

Though I appreciate your willingness to look through the logs and all,

Spoiler
but do understand that I need to initiate a return procedure if I do not have a solution to this issue in the next 24 hours.....so keeping the fingers crossed
_Cash
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,776
Message 30 of 102

Also the settings to my router are:

Security: WPA2-PSK

Encryption: AES

Capture.PNG

Top Kudoed Authors