Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdWIndiana
Paper Tape
Views: 1,640
Message 41 of 137

Re: Moto G6 Plus - wifi problem

Moto tech support had me change my router to issue a static IP address to my G6 - issue solved.  There is something going on with the handshaking with my NETGEAR R6400v2  wireless router but the phone seems to work just fine with every other wireless that I attach to.  Moto was good enough to send me a new phone and the same issue occurred so I'm going to assume it's the NETGEAR router.  I feel bad that they likely replaced a perfectly fine G6 phone.  Other than that issue, I'm extremely happy with the Moto G6.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,369
Message 42 of 137

Re: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

I purchased th phone 6 days ago from Amazon. I am vacation and the phone useless foreign. How can I upload without internet access. The problem developed after 4 days of use. Cold it be an upgrade?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,326
Message 43 of 137

@Anonymous_User wrote:

I purchased th phone 6 days ago from Amazon. I am vacation and the phone useless foreign. How can I upload without internet access. The problem developed after 4 days of use. Cold it be an upgrade?

Update

I came home and the internet connection problem disappeared. We have bell Fibe internet service.  At the holiday resort my cousin told me that he was having the same problem with his iphone but not apple laptop.  I did create a bug report which is on google drive. I do not know how to get it to support.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,285
Message 44 of 137

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,255
Message 45 of 137

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Here is the bug report on google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZrR3zS69yITt0FD2BtsTZdHnavjYXlzn

Hi fdindar,

Thank you for reporting to us, strange. This looks more like a router issue connecting to specific devices. Glad to hear that it does works with 'bell Fibe internet service' which confirmes that there is no issue with the device.

However, if you still like us to investigate regarding the bug report--please share us the make and model of the router used at your 'holiday resort' and you may have to share us another bug report enabling wifi verbose. Let us know if you need the steps to do so.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,252
Message 46 of 137

Thanks Swaraj

There is no need to investigate further.

I did use ASUS ZenPad S Z580C and there was no intermittent disconnect

at the resort.  The quality of the wifi signal was poor.

Farouk

Alphawave0181
What's DOS?
Views: 1,140
Message 47 of 137

Re: Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Has a solution to this been found?

I've had my new moto g6 for a few weeks. I love it except that about once every few hours I'll notice it not loading a website. If I turn off wifi it will then load the site using data. If I turn wifi right back on, it will resume using wifi.

It shouldn't be dropping connection like this. I have checked and know for sure it's the phone and not my ISP or router. All other devices in the house operate normally. Suggestions? I'd hate to return it but I still have a week if I need to. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,138
Message 48 of 137

@Alphawave0181 wrote:

Has a solution to this been found?

I've had my new moto g6 for a few weeks. I love it except that about once every few hours I'll notice it not loading a website. If I turn off wifi it will then load the site using data. If I turn wifi right back on, it will resume using wifi.

It shouldn't be dropping connection like this. I have checked and know for sure it's the phone and not my ISP or router. All other devices in the house operate normally. Suggestions? I'd hate to return it but I still have a week if I need to. 

You will see from my post above that I had same issue at a holiday resort.  When I came home the problem disappeared. We Bell Fibe internet with hub 3000

I created bug file and and the support person on this analysed it and concluded that it was a router issue.

Recent Pixel and iPhones are having similar issues.   

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/6fC6z4ZMakE

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8152510

Perhaps you could try a different router.

Replacing this another Moto G phone will make no difference.

jeremysl98
Punch Card
Views: 1,047
Message 49 of 137

It just dawned on me that it's been a few days since I felt the need to toss my phone into a wall. I've been running some speed tests and my G6's wifi appears to be functioning well. There was a system security update that I finally installed a few days ago after putting it off for a couple of weeks. I'm not entirely sure when it started working, but it seems to correspond with that update. No changes have been made to the router or wireless access point. Not even a reboot. The only thing that has changed is my phone. Fingers crossed that it is finally fixed!.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,011
Message 50 of 137

Hi Alphawave0181,

Sorry to jump in late on this. Thank you @fdindar for trying to help. @Alphawave0181 -- are you still facing this issue? As we do not feel this is device issue rather it could be the router. We would want to know if you have tested with a different router. If yes, how did it go? Let us know your feedback.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Top Kudoed Authors