Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gustavo_Bernhei
Paper Tape
Views: 879
Message 71 of 102

Re: Moto G6: Wifi disconnects and reconnects frequently

Do you really mean you weren't able to reproduce the problem?

With all the people complaining about this you weren't able to reproduce it?

Do you really represent Motorola/Lenovo?

Do Motorola/Lenovo want us to believe there is nothing wrong with the phone and it's us who cause the problem?

You are not serious.

Gustavo_Bernhei
Paper Tape
Views: 879
Message 72 of 102

ok, you're right so what is it then?

EdWIndiana
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 73 of 102

Hi @ Ferdanny.

I think the issue is that some of the AC routers don't handshake correctly with the new G6.  I realize that you can't set all the routers in the world but you likely use the one at your home +80% of the time so changing it to see if the problem is better while you are at home could make life better.  Occationally, I run into public wifi (the commuter trains here in Chicago) that won't connect but public wifi is a uncertain thing - in those limited number of situation the phone still receives data via the cell signal and I can get my emails and other notifications.

While speaking with Moto suport they pointed out that if this was a serious, widespread problem they would have thousands and thousands of reports - there are a handful of folks on here who seem to be struggling with this issue.   I was one of them - I understand your frustration - but try setting your home router to issue a static IP to the Moto G6

Regards,

EdWIndiana

Gustavo_Bernhei
Paper Tape
Views: 872
Message 74 of 102

I use static IPs and have the problem anyway so that's not the solution

fdindar
Paper Tape
Views: 848
Message 75 of 102

I do not have a data plan on my phone.

I use hot spots at coffee shops. waiting rooms or car dealership my bank etc

My problem disappeared after wiping the cache.

This youtube video instructions are very clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEIYa--UaMg

Ignore the left hand which is only for stability.

Gustavo_Bernhei
Paper Tape
Views: 847
Message 76 of 102

cache wiping did not solve the problem either and even if it would Motorola/Lenovo can't treat their customers this way, go reproduce the problem find cause an solution or you don't care.

ferdanny
Punch Card
Views: 805
Message 77 of 102

The cache wiping was already suggested earlier (some months ago) in the same thread. Unfortunately, it didn't help many of us. 

Having said that, we've been having this topic opened for several months now, with no patches in sight. 

Dear Moto, when can we expect progress? 

Regards, 

ferdanny

Edward55
Paper Tape
Views: 617
Message 78 of 102

I've have been reading the forum before posting and seems like Motorola/Lenovo don't want to solve the problem or they can't solve this problem maybe because it's a hardware issue we all have faulty phones in a different way. Some phones have Bluetooth problem some have heating issues etc read the forum and you will see. I was a Moto fan so I didn't think before buying this phone but not anymore. Just posting here to let them know I too have this same WiFi issue and also my back cover is shattered while it was on my pocket. Thank you

gregoryhaberek
Paper Tape
Views: 538
Message 79 of 102

I bought an unlocked Moto G6 Play from Best Buy this afternoon and I had the same problem: select my 5 GHz home network, enter the key, and then it just cycles through "Connecting..." to "Saved" several times then finally it says "Disabled." But it connected fine on my 2.4 GHz network, so I'm pretty sure that rules out the DHCP server being the problem. As it turns out, it was the wireless channel on my router. My network is was using channel 120 (5.600 GHz) so I changed it to channel 64 (5.320 GHz) and the Moto G6 Play connected right away and it's remained stable ever since.

That being said, I've never had this issue with a Moto phone before, and this is our fourth Moto phone in the past five years. I don't want to defend Lenovo because a lot of people are rightfully sore about this problem and Lenovo should still fix it, but what I will tell you is this: I've run into several wireless devices in my time that don't want to honor the middle range of 5 GHz channels, usually 104-112-120. I've never been able to figure out why though. So it might be a bug in wireless chip itself, and that's a lot harder for the phone manufacturer to fix.

If you need to figure out the channel density in your area, I recommend Wifi Analyzer. I've used it for years and I was able to quickly identify another free channel to use. As it turns out, most of my neighbors are using channels 153 and 161.

-Greg
Hermes_Agoraeus
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 80 of 102

EdWIndiana, would you please tell me your specific Netgear Nighthawk model?

(My Moto Z Play Droid also doesn't want to talk to Spectrum's RAC2V1K wi-fi router; and, I want to make sure I don't buy a different router that my phone also doesn't like talking to.  Also, yes, I've tried a static IP and all other suggestions offered in this thread.)

Thanks.

Top Kudoed Authors