cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h_er28
Punch Card
Views: 4,150
Message 1 of 25

Moto G6 bluetooth problem - edited for clarity.

The same is happening to my Moto G6 with me Chevrolet car. Very frustrating!!!

Edit: Moved to the right community - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,015
Message 2 of 25

Re: Moto G6 bluetooth problem - edited for clarity.

Hi h_er28,

Thank you for reporting, may I know from when are you noticing the issue? Is it intermittent or does not connect at all? Can we try a few things here;

1. Let us test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.
  2. if the issue still persists - go to settings > network & Internet > three dots > Reset wifi, mobile, Bluetooth and reboot your device. Let us know if this helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

JCollins1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,922
Message 3 of 25

I am having the same problem with my phone. I connect to the bluetooth in my car and the connection is randomly dropped and re-established during calls. This has happend in both of my cars. I have tried turning Bluetooth on and off as well as rshutting the phone on and off. This is extremely frustrating.

SK77
Paper Tape
Views: 3,871
Message 4 of 25

I have the same problem connecting to my Honda CRv. The connection drops and reconnect every 5 secs. It is really frustrating. I bought this through Google Project Fi and requested for a replacement. Guess what, same issue again.

Tried factory reset, Bluetooth reset, nothing works. Issue to me is either with G6 hardware or the driver.

I have Moto X4 and have not such issues.

Guedones
What's DOS?
Views: 3,821
Message 5 of 25

The same is happening to my Moto G6 with me Chevrolet car and jaybirds headphones.

JCollins1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,800
Message 6 of 25

Other than returning the phone and going  with a differnt brand does anyone have a solution

los716
What's DOS?
Views: 3,767
Message 7 of 25

I am having the same issues with my car , headphones and bluetooth speakers.

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 3,753
Message 8 of 25

@JCollins1 wrote:

I am having the same problem with my phone. I connect to the bluetooth in my car and the connection is randomly dropped and re-established during calls. This has happend in both of my cars. I have tried turning Bluetooth on and off as well as rshutting the phone on and off. This is extremely frustrating.

This started to happen with my Moto G6 and the Alpine ive w350-Bt after working fine for 4months.

The problem started, or I first noticed it when the phone was playing music or an e book over Bluetooth.

I have reset network connections rebooted the Moto G6 paired the phone/car again and same continued.

Other phones work ok with car (Moto E). And Moto G6 is ok connecting and synching with parrot Bluetooth in another car.

I did factory reset on Moto G6 and when phone reset the connection was fine......    for 12 hours until I tried to play audio book on Moto G6 via audio.

Could it be the phone is trying to re-establish audiobook connection despite the apps being closed (and even uninstalled)?

What ever way it is now connecting it the expense of phone calling Bluetooth connection

I will try restart in safe mode next.

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 3,746
Message 9 of 25

@Amazon_Customer wrote :

I will try restart in safe mode next.

I restarted the Moto G6 in safe mode turned on car Bluetooth and it prompted me to pair up the devices. It had not been unpaired

Anyway same thing happened. Saying connected (initially "Connected (no media)" then connected but signal strength never showed up on car blue tooth then went 'Connected (no phone)' and seemed to try and reconnect. Not working with safe mode so that rules out third party apps.

Any other ideas?

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 3,742
Message 10 of 25

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi h_er28,

Thank you for reporting, may I know from when are you noticing the issue? Is it intermittent or does not connect at all? Can we try a few things here;

1. Let us test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.
  2. if the issue still persists - go to settings > network & Internet > three dots > Reset wifi, mobile, Bluetooth and reboot your device. Let us know if this helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Hello Moto support, unfortunately  my problem which seems similar persists in Safe Mode. Would it help if I submitted a bug report? I have two (probably identical) on Google drive.

Thank you

Top Kudoed Authors