Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
96accord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,127
Message 21 of 40

Re: No longer pairs or syncs

@bigdogmitch wrote:

I bought a new moto g6 from best buy a few months ago.  My fitness watch syncs with it every couple days.  All was well, UNTIL I installed the FIRST security update.  My bluetooth has been cripled ever since.  I installed a second update yesterday ( hoping they fixed the first screw up ).  It is still broken.  Im back to syncing with my old IPhone.

Ive rebooted the device,  reinstalled software and unpaired the device

It seems to pair, but fails to sync.  According to the log, the watch is sending a file, but the bluetooth just terminates.

I am now on

Android version 8.0.0

Current version: OPSS27.104-92-2

Security patch level: November 1, 2018

My watch is a "Garmin vivofit 3"

The worst part about it is, I knew better than to do an update. 

"If it works, don't fix it"

Shame on me.

Bad part is that it would have eventually forced the update. 🙄

bigdogmitch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,114
Message 22 of 40

Re: No longer pairs or syncs

Update: After installing the security update, Amazon Prime also stopped working.
bigdogmitch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,096
Message 23 of 40

Since first security update.

UPDATE!  

Since doing the first security update:

1.) Bluetooth has stopped working ( as mentioned below )

2.) Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working

3.) Netflix app has stopped working.

I will continue to post updates.

No longer pairs or syncs

I bought a new moto g6 from best buy a few months ago.  My fitness watch syncs with it every couple days.  All was well, UNTIL I installed the FIRST security update.  My bluetooth has been cripled ever since.  I installed a second update yesterday ( hoping they fixed the first screw up ).  It is still broken.  Im back to syncing with my old IPhone.

Ive rebooted the device,  reinstalled software and unpaired the device

It seems to pair, but fails to sync.  According to the log, the watch is sending a file, but the bluetooth just terminates.

Software versions:

Android version 8.0.0

Current version: OPSS27.104-92-2

Security patch level: November 1, 2018

My watch is a "Garmin vivofit 3"

The worst part about it is, I knew better than to do an update. 

"If it works, don't fix it"

Shame on me.

Paincakes
What's DOS?
Views: 1,073
Message 24 of 40

Re: Moto G6 bluetooth problem - edited for clarity.

Just got the Moto G6 and when I try to pair it to my Car (bluetooth) It pops up cannot connect to XXXXXX incorrect pin or password. I have never used a pin or password before. Before this phone I was using a LG V20 and it worked fine and before that was a moto g4 which also worked fine. Any help would be appreciated.

96accord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,024
Message 25 of 40

@Paincakes wrote:

Just got the Moto G6 and when I try to pair it to my Car (bluetooth) It pops up cannot connect to XXXXXX incorrect pin or password. I have never used a pin or password before. Before this phone I was using a LG V20 and it worked fine and before that was a moto g4 which also worked fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry but there is no fix for this issue at this time.

Hawaiibound
Paper Tape
Views: 995
Message 26 of 40

I have this problem too.

Hawaiibound
Paper Tape
Views: 994
Message 27 of 40

I have the same problem in my Honda CRV,  Bluetooth connects and disconnects constantly

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 942
Message 28 of 40

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for posting. I understand all of your sentiments about this concern, allow us to look into this for you. Let's try to reset the network settings on your device. This will reset all of the network settings including your Wi-Fi, Mobile data and Network settings. To perform this, kindly go to Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

96accord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 929
Message 29 of 40

@Agent_May wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for posting. I understand all of your sentiments about this concern, allow us to look into this for you. Let's try to reset the network settings on your device. This will reset all of the network settings including your Wi-Fi, Mobile data and Network settings. To perform this, kindly go to Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

May,

I appreciate your reply but resetting the network settings did not resolve the issue on both of our (my wife & I) G6 phones. Both purchased from Amazon in December 2018 (different dates). 

I spoke with Lenovo/Motorola Customer Support and they remoted into my phone and did the same thing as you mentioned. Still same problem. They asked if I could reset my device back to factory settings and I sorta got short with her since I just setup the phone last month (beginning of January). 

The next process they wanted me to do made me upset and I just said forget it. 

Option A: Send the phone back to them and be without a phone for days while my phone gets to Lenovo/Motorola and they send me a replacement

Option B: Pay $24.99 (premium fee?) and then a $150 deposit and they will send me out a replacement phone.

I don't feel like either option is acceptable. So I said forget it and just deal with it and keep bumping EVERY Moto G6 Bluetooth thread/post/article/Reddit I find!

Leadfoone
Blue Screen Again
Views: 914
Message 30 of 40

The only way I have found to work around the issue where the Bluetooth keeps dropping in my car is to turn off WiFi when I am in the car.

It is a pain but it seems to fix all the Bluetooth issues I was having in my car.  I wish this phone could do what my Lumia 950 windows 10 phone could do.

Top Kudoed Authors