09-27-2018 03:11 AM
My new Moto G6 keeps dropping my Bluetooth audio from my Plantonics Explorer 50 earpeice. During calls I will lose my audio, people still hear me but I stop hearing them. If I power off the earpeice and power it back on I regain audio. This seems to be happening when I put my phone in my pocket and start walking around. I never had this problem with a 6 year old Droid RazrHD using anyablutooth earpice. Plus this is a new earpeice. This only started happening with this phone when I got it a few weeks ago. I work remote and am on the phone all day, this is unacceptable. I have enabled developer mode and have bug reports. Where do I send them?
09-27-2018 04:05 AM
Sorry to learn about that, may I know if you have tried testing with the different Bluetooth? Or can you test your Bluetooth headset with another device to see if this behaves the same?
Here are the steps for Bluetooth Bug Reports.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Reboot the phone
7. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu. Create a Full Bug Report
8. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
9. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
10. Share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
11. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
12. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off
13. Reboot phone to clear out old logs.
09-28-2018 07:22 AM
I took the bug report, now where is it stored on my phone so I can upload it to Drive?
Not sure if we can save the Bug report, but here is how you can share it. Capture the bug report and Bluetooth snoop file > once done > click on the report > you will have the option to hare/save it on the drive. Click drive from the option to save and further you can copy the link and share us on forums. Hope this helps.
Let us know if you have you any further questions?