Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AtulDwivedi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 20,781
Message 1 of 101

Moto G6 microphone problem

I think Moto G6 has microphone problem.

The person other side the call is not at all able to hear my voice. It works only when plugin the earphones.

Tried couple of options mentioned in the forum Reboot, Safemode and Reset but no luck.

Performed Motorola check from Moto help and all the tests passed including microphone.

No lamination and back cover that can block microphone. 

Moto I am very disappointed this time. Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 20,268
Message 2 of 101

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

@AtulDwivedi wrote:

The person other side the call is not at all able to hear my voice. It works only when plugin the earphones.

Tried couple of options mentioned in the forum Reboot, Safemode and Reset but no luck.

Performed Motorola check from Moto help and all the tests passed including microphone.

Hello AtulDwivedi,

We are sorry to hear about that, we understand how frustrating this could be. As you have already tested your device in "Moto Help" app and 'Safe mode" with no results, the next option would be service/repair/replacement. 

You can also write us at supportforums@motorola.com for further assistance. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 20,245
Message 3 of 101

One other suggestion -- change how you hold your phone. If you are holding the phone too low or too high, the microphone may not be placed correctly so that you can be heard clearly. Try pivoting the phone to see if the audio improves for the party on the other end of the line.

Hope this helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
ramanath07
What's DOS?
Views: 20,159
Message 4 of 101

Hello Atul,
Even I am facing the same issue, could you please tell me resolution if you solved this?
Thanks
Ramanath
rivuduttaindia
Paper Tape
Views: 20,131
Message 5 of 101

Please let me know if anybody else is having the same problem...If the phone has this problem, I will not go for it...Some buyers at amazon india also reported the same issue...
LogicalMongoose
Blue Screen Again
Views: 20,031
Message 6 of 101

Same problem here. Other person does not receive any audio at all. Also tried to record a voice memo using app Note Everything, use voice for Google Search, and video for Snapchat and it did not pick up any audio as well. Absolutely infuriating; I'm returning my phone less than 24 hours after purchase.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 19,995
Message 7 of 101

@LogicalMongoose wrote:

Same problem here. Other person does not receive any audio at all. Also tried to record a voice memo using app Note Everything, use voice for Google Search, and video for Snapchat and it did not pick up any audio as well. Absolutely infuriating; I'm returning my phone less than 24 hours after purchase.

Hi LogicalMongoose,

Apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused, it could be specific to your device-- if you have tested in "Device help" app and in safe mode then the next option would be service/repair/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
chowdharyalok
What's DOS?
Views: 19,732
Message 8 of 101

I am not able to hear anything on my motorola G6 phone.... please help what need to done.

Please provide service centre address in Mumbai..

@AtulDwivedi wrote:

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 19,721
Message 9 of 101

Hi chowdharyalok,

Thank you for writing to us, may I know when normally do you see this and how often? Does this happens at any specific location, do you have enough network coverage at the time you see this while calling? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 19,680
Message 10 of 101

Hmm I use moto g6... personally, I do not have this problem but what I read can be caused by the application "Moto Voice" with me, it is not turned on because it does not support my language. You can do a test and enter settings - applications and notifications - app info - 3 dots on top - show system - scroll down - tap: Moto Voice - disable - then reboot the phone and check if it works.

Maybe it can be turned off in the "Moto" application if it supports your language.

Top Kudoed Authors