Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,755
Message 12 of 102

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

@Wesley_viechile wrote:
ME TOO.

Hello Wesley_viechile,

Could you please elaborate? Have you tested in device help app already? If yes, could you share with us your observation?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Wesley_viechile
Paper Tape
Views: 2,747
Message 13 of 102

Sorry mam but I have already answered your question in my post. I feel you are trying to get additional time for nothing. BTW, you did not reply my answer when I shared with you the tests results saying clearly that the mic is not working. Please, be more effective in your work. If you can not solve the problem, escalated to your supervisor and so on. Or at least, take out from the market the Moto G6+ that has a lot fo problem. I am not angry with you but with the way Moto (Lenovo) treats this subject.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,740
Message 14 of 102

Sorry about the confusion, please be advised that we have shared your information with our product team already. At this point, the next option would be to submit your device for service/exchange/replacement. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
lishtyler1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,662
Message 15 of 102

I am having the same issue. it is periodically. i have tried the safe mode, i have reset my phone. i am also having issues with google messages letting my messages come through. it changed my date and time back 5 days last night. so far, major disappointment. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,641
Message 16 of 102

@lishtyler1 wrote:

I am having the same issue. it is periodically. i have tried the safe mode, i have reset my phone. i am also having issues with google messages letting my messages come through. it changed my date and time back 5 days last night. so far, major disappointment. 

Hello lishtyler1,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. If you have already tested your device in safe mode/device help app then the next option at this point would be service/exchange/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

DieterVQ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,615
Message 17 of 102

Dear Swaraj,

My girlfriend has thé same issue of what i found on thé forum where you've answered concerning thé microphone issue while calling ( Mic not working/to silent). My guess is that it's more of a software issue ( nois canceling or something like that). This because through thé moto help app thé Mic works. Also when i use thé 'talk to text' function to make an sms it's not giving any problem. Thé thing is that it worked before and i would find it strange that without falling or any other damage this would stop working... I don't know if you're able to help or if this is more something for your software devs but if it could be solved with a update rather then going to thé store for another device , it would ofcourse be more joyfull and 'easier' as a solution. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,609
Message 18 of 102

@DieterVQ wrote:

Dear Swaraj,

My girlfriend has thé same issue of what i found on thé forum where you've answered concerning thé microphone issue while calling ( Mic not working/to silent). My guess is that it's more of a software issue ( nois canceling or something like that). This because through thé moto help app thé Mic works. Also when i use thé 'talk to text' function to make an sms it's not giving any problem. Thé thing is that it worked before and i would find it strange that without falling or any other damage this would stop working... I don't know if you're able to help or if this is more something for your software devs but if it could be solved with a update rather then going to thé store for another device , it would ofcourse be more joyfull and 'easier' as a solution. 

Hi DieterVQ,

We thank you for your inputs, that's odd. Just to narrow down, may I know if this happens only when you are on a native call? Does this happen all the time or intermittently?

With your above reports, the microphone is working fine, strange that it was working before and have an issue now. May I know the last thing you remember before you could acknowledge the issue? Had you received an update? 

We might need logs to further look into this, meanwhile please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Joninashby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,589
Message 19 of 102

I also have a problem with a broken microphone (confirmed by device help app) on a brand new Moto G6 Play. 

However it only fails during voice calls and during the device help test - I can use "OK Google" etc. successfuly - how can that be?!

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,573
Message 20 of 102

Hi All, Joninashby,

Thank you for your inputs, we want to look further into this if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, if not done already. This can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. 

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors