Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DieterVQ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,312
Message 31 of 101

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

Hey Swaraj,

Is there already some info from thé engineering guys end? I'm just wondering because my girlfriend is asking about it ^^. 

Greetings,

Dieter

Yo-eddy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,242
Message 32 of 101

No kidding. This is a software issue . Second handset in one week and the mic quit working. Admit you have a problem Lenovo and get the engineers busy with an patch.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,226
Message 33 of 101

@Tyogagray wrote:

I too have a microphone problem in normal phone mode only. Both incoming and outgoing calls, the other end cannot hear me in normal phone mode but can if I use speaker phone, Bluetooth or plug in my non-mic headphones. 

I've done safe mode, phone reset, hardware mic check, third party voice recorder and the only time the mic  doesn't work is "traditional phone" mode. 

Tried with Moto voice off,Google voice off, voice over WiFi, third party dialer and the same results.

Looks to me like a software bug.

Any suggestions I haven't tried ?

Hello Tyogagray,

Thank you for writing to us, we are sorry to hear about that. Please be informed that we have already reported this with our product team who is further investigating in regards to the same.

Kindly update your profile and share us the Bug report so we can put across this to our engineer team. The steps are already shared in the thread above.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,225
Message 34 of 101

@DieterVQ wrote:

Hey Swaraj,

Is there already some info from thé engineering guys end? I'm just wondering because my girlfriend is asking about it ^^. 

Greetings,

Dieter

Sorry about the delay Dieter, we are still waiting for an update. We will keep you posted once we receive something on this.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
DieterVQ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,115
Message 35 of 101

Hello Swaraj, you've heared something already from the engineering team? Or are they silent in thé issue? Was just wondering if you would have already heared something interesting...

Joe_Masarone
What's DOS?
Views: 1,101
Message 36 of 101

I removed my screen protection shield and the phone worked fine. I may have to get a different screen protector.

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 1,065
Message 37 of 101

My G6 play's mic has just packed up too! It works for the voice assistant ( responds to 'ok google' & writes what I say), but it doesn't work for voice calls or What's app voice calls.

Any news on this?

Tyogagray
Paper Tape
Views: 1,057
Message 38 of 101

Solved my problem, stupidity enhanced because I knew that the screen shield was ok.... It wasn't ! I had a two pack, one had the mic hole cut all the way through, the one i had on it was NOT ! So, beware that you know something, check it anyway. My G6 is working ok now. Sorry for the static on the forum.

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 1,046
Message 39 of 101

I've had the same cover since a few days after I bought it, so its definitely not that.
Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 1,042
Message 40 of 101

@kemoti wrote:

Hmm I use moto g6... personally, I do not have this problem but what I read can be caused by the application "Moto Voice" with me, it is not turned on because it does not support my language. You can do a test and enter settings - applications and notifications - app info - 3 dots on top - show system - scroll down - tap: Moto Voice - disable - then reboot the phone and check if it works.

Maybe it can be turned off in the "Moto" application if it supports your language.

Just tried that on my G6 play, unfortunately I don't have Moto Voice listed, so I can't try that.

Language is British English so I can't see that being the problem Smiley Wink.

Nothing in Moto app either.

Good suggestion though *thumbs up*

Well, this is odd, it's working now!

The only things I've done I can think of that might have affected it, is I have plugged in & unplugged an aux lead & carried out a mic test in the hardware test function (even though I knew it was working with Google assistant).

Very weird! I hope the problem doesn't re-occur, could be a serious problem if I have to make an urgent call!.......

Top Kudoed Authors