Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joninashby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,530
Message 21 of 102

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

Thanks Swaraj but I can't see any Developer Options in Settings. Also I don't know where to upload my IMEI to so uploaded a screenshot.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,513
Message 22 of 102

@Joninashby wrote:

Thanks Swaraj but I can't see any Developer Options in Settings. Also I don't know where to upload my IMEI to so uploaded a screenshot.

To enable Developer options please follow the below steps:

1. Touch.
  2. Touch Settings > System.
  3. Touch About phone.
  4. Touch the Build number field 7 times. You will begin seeing a message as you approach the 7 touches.
  5. Touch the back arrow once complete, and Developer options will now appear under Settings.

Share us the bug report for us to further investigate.

• Regarding the IMEI update on your profile, you can follow this link. We have received your IMEI, we will have this shared once we receive the bug reports. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Joninashby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,509
Message 23 of 102

Thanks - I have taken a bug report as instructed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZDloO4PgrqXCYYja6ojY0oAnL6Ydh6vz/view?usp=sharing

Before taking the report I placed a call and verified that I could not hear my voice. Report was taken 13:39 BST on Fri 10 Aug.

DieterVQ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,501
Message 24 of 102

Dear swaraj, i've update my profile with my girlfriend her moto G6 info and enabled thé moto privacy. ( I myself have a 5G plus without issues , but used my forum account for her ) and yes indeed she only has thé issues while calling and if i'm correct it was indeed after An update ( we don't call that much it's more texting when we are on our jobs ).

I you would need some more info / logs just let me know :-) 

Greetings ,

Dieter

Joninashby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,458
Message 25 of 102

Any update on this problem please Swaraj? Otherwise I will have to return this phone as being faulty, which would be a shame as it's great in every other respect - fast, tons of memory, great camera etc. I do really need to make and receive voice calls though!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,437
Message 26 of 102

@DieterVQ wrote:

Dear swaraj, i've update my profile with my girlfriend her moto G6 info and enabled thé moto privacy. ( I myself have a 5G plus without issues , but used my forum account for her ) and yes indeed she only has thé issues while calling and if i'm correct it was indeed after An update ( we don't call that much it's more texting when we are on our jobs ).

I you would need some more info / logs just let me know :-) 

Greetings ,

Dieter

Hello DieterVQ,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to learn about that. Could you also share us the Bug reports, the steps are mentioned above? We will pass it along for further investigation. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,436
Message 27 of 102

@Joninashby wrote:

Any update on this problem please Swaraj? Otherwise I will have to return this phone as being faulty, which would be a shame as it's great in every other respect - fast, tons of memory, great camera etc. I do really need to make and receive voice calls though!

Thank you for replying, unfortunately, we haven't heard any feedback yet. If this is really impacting your day to day use, the next option would be to send your device for service/repair/replacement.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

DieterVQ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,418
Message 28 of 102

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,394
Message 29 of 102

@DieterVQ wrote:
Swaraj, this should be the bug report :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l4Ettewd3_QQEHit5fs6lzZPiFeNE0jl

Thank you for sharing us the Bug report, we have reported the same to our engineer team for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Tyogagray
Paper Tape
Views: 1,345
Message 30 of 102

I too have a microphone problem in normal phone mode only. Both incoming and outgoing calls, the other end cannot hear me in normal phone mode but can if I use speaker phone, Bluetooth or plug in my non-mic headphones. 

I've done safe mode, phone reset, hardware mic check, third party voice recorder and the only time the mic  doesn't work is "traditional phone" mode. 

Tried with Moto voice off,Google voice off, voice over WiFi, third party dialer and the same results.

Looks to me like a software bug.

Any suggestions I haven't tried ?

Top Kudoed Authors